View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Tuesday, Feb. 12

Rate this Entry
by , February 12th, 2013 at 05:37 PM (687 Views)
Swim/SCY/Solo:

Warm up:

600 various
8 x 25 back shooters @ :40
50 EZ
6 x 50 @ :15 RI
odds = front scull
evens = caterpillar fly drill
50 EZ

Main sets:

10 x 25 burst + cruise @ 1:00
100 EZ

10 x (25 AFAP from dive + 75 EZ) @ 3:00
-- 2 of each stroke + 2 shooters
-- calf cramps
100 EZ

Total: 2650

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woke up feeling like crap. I have the cold that Teen Fort has had the last few days. Couldn't do the workout I had planned; did some wee sprints instead, which was all I had the energy for. Even forgot my equipment bag. After, I headed to my thyroid for for my 6 month check up. My T4 is down again and my magnesium is very low, both of which likely account for the cramping I've had lately. I take a ton of magnesium, but I am apparently a fast metabolizer and don't absorb it well. I will have to be more diligent about getting magnesium injections.

On the upside, I checked the SCM relay rankings last night. Our small team did well. The mixed relays I swam with Teen Fort, Speedo and Bob Hansen in the 160-199 age group were 200 medley (#2), 200 free (#2) and 400 medley (#1). Teen Fort was psyched and has started plotting for the Albatross meet. Speedo has not been in the pool for a month, but swears he's getting in later this week. We shall see. One of our other 200 medley relays in the 200+ age group (that I swam with Barb, Gustavo and Tim) was also #5. Go us!

Submit "Tuesday, Feb. 12" to Digg Submit "Tuesday, Feb. 12" to del.icio.us Submit "Tuesday, Feb. 12" to StumbleUpon Submit "Tuesday, Feb. 12" to Google

Updated February 12th, 2013 at 05:43 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Tell Speedo this is serious business, like the Relay Carnival at Village Swim Club.
    Perhaps Ali could talk Jack Conger into swimming the relay, we could bump Speedo because he doesn't add enough years, and add me.

Then it would be almost a family relay: Mother, son, daughter, and Olympic hopeful/certainty.

Then all we need to do is have Ali marry Jack, allow me to have droit de seigneur with my sister, and we could become the fastest family relay of all time, with the possible exception of the Halls.

Then, when the Grim Reaper comes to claim me, the swimming phenome that is the product of Ali and my one night of traditional romance, a child we could name Usher from The Fall of the House of Usher, a classic tale of incest and forbidden love between brother and sister, anyhow, Usher could take my place.

And the dynasty would live on.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekw
    Tell Speedo this is serious business, like the Relay Carnival at Village Swim Club.
    If only Speedo logged on to the forum to read this ... if I in fact meet up with him later this week, I will relay that sentiment!
    Quote Originally Posted by jim thornton
    Perhaps Ali could talk Jack Conger into swimming the relay, we could bump Speedo because he doesn't add enough years, and add me.

Then it would be almost a family relay: Mother, son, daughter, and Olympic hopeful/certainty.

Then all we need to do is have Ali marry Jack, allow me to have droit de seigneur with my sister, and we could become the fastest family relay of all time, with the possible exception of the Halls.

Then, when the Grim Reaper comes to claim me, the swimming phenome that is the product of Ali and my one night of traditional romance, a child we could name Usher from The Fall of the House of Usher, a classic tale of incest and forbidden love between brother and sister, anyhow, Usher could take my place.

And the dynasty would live on.
    Did you just watch Braveheart? Brad Gandee is very fast too and already signed up for Albatross.

What LMSC are you in now? I don't want to leave PV.
    1776 Carolyn Voorhees, Laurie hug, vibeke swanson!
    Quote Originally Posted by jim thornton
    1776 Carolyn Voorhees, Laurie hug, vibeke swanson!
    Carolyn is on the NBAC team in the MD LMSC.