View RSS Feed

Pete's swim blog

02.13.13 - Wed. taper: getting psyched up or psyched out

Rate this Entry
by , February 13th, 2013 at 12:09 PM (484 Views)
Quick swim w/ everyone on the team named Dave today. Just a warm-up and a couple sprints. Psych sheets came out for the Auburn meet this weekend. Despite an increased attendance from last year, there aren't as many swimmers in my age group this year. Some of the really fast swimmers have aged up. Most in my age group seem content to battle it out in the 50s and 100s where I'm happier in the distance events. So, I'm really more focused this year on dropping time since I don't have any 40-44 competitors in most of my heats. I'm really concerned that I'm not a whole lot faster than last year. On the other hand, taper has gone pretty well. I'm ready to go.

SCY

600 Warm up

4 x 50 Br - 1:30 (Made :35 on the last one)

4 rounds of:
* 25 Easy stroke - :40
* 25 Hard stroke - :40 (no breath)
* 25 Easy kick - :40
* 25 hard kick - :40

200 Medley relay (Br - 33.5)
200 Free relay (27.5)

Breaststroke wasn't too bad. Was hoping for a little quicker on the free split.

50 Cool down

(1350 total)

Submit "02.13.13 - Wed. taper: getting psyched up or psyched out" to Digg Submit "02.13.13 - Wed. taper: getting psyched up or psyched out" to del.icio.us Submit "02.13.13 - Wed. taper: getting psyched up or psyched out" to StumbleUpon Submit "02.13.13 - Wed. taper: getting psyched up or psyched out" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

I'm excited for the meet! I thought there would be a few more of the fast people from the Atlanta area in my age group at this meet, but it's smaller than it was when I went there for a meet (and family visit) in December.
    Seems like the 50-60 year old age groups are a lot fuller than usual. I count 86 entries up to age 50 and 98 entries for age 50+. Heidi should be fast enough to keep you busy in your age group.
    Quote Originally Posted by pmccoy
    Seems like the 50-60 year old age groups are a lot fuller than usual. I count 86 entries up to age 50 and 98 entries for age 50+. Heidi should be fast enough to keep you busy in your age group.
    Truth. She and I raced a 500 on Saturday. By raced I mean we started at the same time. She finished 15 seconds before me.