View RSS Feed

Fast Food Makes for Fast Swimming!

Thurs, Feb. 14, 2013 7:00-9:00pm I Heart This Day

Rate this Entry
It was amazing at practice today. All the teeny bopper girls were all off with the "guys of a lifetime" on their dream dates for Valentine's Day. Meanwhile, those of us at the pool got the luxary of having only 3-4 per lane, which was great compared to our normal day. Plus I didn't have to listen to all the teenage girl chatter either...so a double win!!

Warmup:

300 Free
10 x 50 Tombstone Kick @ 1:30
(800/800)

Pull Set (My Main Set #1):

All on LIFO (Last in, first out) + :30
Goal is to start EZ, and make each one faster on the effort level
500 Free Pull (went 5:45) avg. 1:09
400 Free Pull (went 4:26) avg. ~1:07
300 Free Pull (went 3:16) avg. 1:05+
200 Free Pull (went 2:04) avg. 1:02
100 Free Pull (went 1:00) avg. 1:00

100 EZ
(1600/2400)

The true MAIN SET:

3 x 200 IM @ 5:30 Broken at 50s for :15
went roughly 2:20/2:20/2:16
3 x 200 Stroke @ 5:30 Broken at 50s for :15 (I chose Back)
went roughly 2:25s, maybe a bit faster
3 x 200 Free @ 5:00 Broken at 50s for :15
went 1:57/2:00/1:55

200 EZ
(2000/4400)

3 x 100 SPRINT Free w/ fins @ 3:00 (I used my short fins on the first 2, went barefoot on #3)
went :57/:54/:58
(300/4700)

300 EZ cooldown

---------------------------------
5000 Yards

Feeling pretty good in the pool. We'll see what happens this coming weekend. Plans are that I'll be attending the meet on Sunday for a little fly "business trip". I sure hope I can catch a draft and not get too far behind Mr. Chapman in the 200 Fly. It's not often I'm eating the direct wake of someone in the 200, and I'm not looking forward to it.

Submit "Thurs, Feb. 14, 2013 7:00-9:00pm I Heart This Day" to Digg Submit "Thurs, Feb. 14, 2013 7:00-9:00pm I Heart This Day" to del.icio.us Submit "Thurs, Feb. 14, 2013 7:00-9:00pm I Heart This Day" to StumbleUpon Submit "Thurs, Feb. 14, 2013 7:00-9:00pm I Heart This Day" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

It's not often I'm eating the direct wake of someone in the 200, and I'm not looking forward to it.
    I might end up eating the other half of that wake.
    I didn't swim yesterday in deference to Valentine's Day, but this week has been a weird one at my pool, too. On Wednesday I was the only male in the pool due to all the boys tapering for high school states! The girls were all saying how much they liked it without the guys there.
    Good job on that last sprint 100!
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    The girls were all saying how much they liked it without the guys there.
    Your post got cut off before the part with your awesome comeback. Wait, that DID happen, right? ... Right?
    No, I was sort of like George Costanza in "The Comeback" episode of Seinfeld.
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    I might end up eating the other half of that wake.
    If I'm reading that right...(and by referring to the heat sheet)...the main wake will be created in Lane 3, but Mr. Chapman. James (in Lane 4) will be "surfing" ( ) on that wake...but will also be putting out a secondary wake for the guy in Lane 5 - That Guy!!...who hopefully won't have an ounce of "clean water" to work with unless he plans to 15M kick each length of the 200 Fly, which would be nice to see. Go T.G. Go!!!!
    I didn't swim yesterday in deference to Valentine's Day, but this week has been a weird one at my pool, too. On Wednesday I was the only male in the pool due to all the boys tapering for high school states! The girls were all saying how much they liked it without the guys there.
    I bet you had all kinds of teenage girl gossip to listen to that day! hehehe
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial
    Good job on that last sprint 100!
    Thanks! The 17 year old girl (who was the Wash. H.S. State champ in the 100 Free) did the same thing on the 3rd one, without fins, and she went 5 seconds behind me. All I was thinking was "don't slow down, oh crap, go, go go, here she comes....ahhhhhhh!!" We both ended up going 58s, but it felt like she was gaining on me.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    If I'm reading that right...(and by referring to the heat sheet)...the main wake will be created in Lane 3, but Mr. Chapman. James (in Lane 4) will be "surfing" ( ) on that wake...but will also be putting out a secondary wake for the guy in Lane 5 - That Guy!!...who hopefully won't have an ounce of "clean water" to work with unless he plans to 15M kick each length of the 200 Fly, which would be nice to see. Go T.G. Go!!!!
    Hey there's heat sheets!
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    Hey there's heat sheets!
    Sounds like for ONCE, I'm one step ahead of you in the virtual world. DON'T let it happen again!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    Sounds like for ONCE, I'm one step ahead of you in the virtual world. DON'T let it happen again!
    Hey there's an internet!
    That Guy's dial-up was a little slow tonight.
    That Guy's dial-up was a little slow tonight.
    Well done, Costanza!