View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Extreme Recovery

Rate this Entry
I've gotten the crud going around. I feel like I swallowed razor blades and got hit by a mac truck. I've taken to the couch, but to no avail thus far. This is my 3rd day out of the water. In the past, I would have tried to push through and get in an easy swim. But I don't think it's worth it. At least this was supposed to be a recovery week. I do have to haul myself up to go to the HS State Champs later tonight. Back to the couch ...

Submit "Extreme Recovery" to Digg Submit "Extreme Recovery" to del.icio.us Submit "Extreme Recovery" to StumbleUpon Submit "Extreme Recovery" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

The crud hit me on Jan. 1. I swam through that practice but I should have skipped that day. The crud took me 2 1/2 weeks to feel better. I missed swimming most of that time as well. I hope you feel better soon.
    Just sending you a friendly wish that you will feel better ASAP. Rest, sleep, fluids, etc., obviously the more quickly you can get past the crud the better. Best wishes for teen fort at HS State Champs!
    Feel better!
    Have you considered taking garlic capsules during the winter? Someone suggested that a couple of years ago on the forum, and I swear, I haven't had a cold since! (And I work in Primary Care, so I see a LOT of upper respiratory infections!)
    Quote Originally Posted by thewookiee
    The crud hit me on Jan. 1. I swam through that practice but I should have skipped that day. The crud took me 2 1/2 weeks to feel better. I missed swimming most of that time as well. I hope you feel better soon.
    If this last 2 1/2 weeks, I'll go crazy!
    Quote Originally Posted by fdtotten
    Just sending you a friendly wish that you will feel better ASAP. Rest, sleep, fluids, etc., obviously the more quickly you can get past the crud the better. Best wishes for teen fort at HS State Champs!
    Thanks Frank! Trying to get as much rest as possible. Wish I was a good napper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial
    Feel better!
    Have you considered taking garlic capsules during the winter? Someone suggested that a couple of years ago on the forum, and I swear, I haven't had a cold since! (And I work in Primary Care, so I see a LOT of upper respiratory infections!)
    Thanks Celeste. I have been taking garlic. But oddly I ran out a few weeks ago and keep forgetting to purchase more. Coincidence? I don't have bronchitis yet though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial
    Feel better!
    That is a great tip, thanks for sharing, although intended towards Fort. I will get some garlic capsules today, as my teenage son tends to be vulnerable to colds at this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by fdtotten
    That is a great tip, thanks for sharing, although intended towards Fort. I will get some garlic capsules today, as my teenage son tends to be vulnerable to colds at this time.
    I'm not sure how effective garlic is for colds. The scientific research shows it may help prevent bacterial infections. You might consider olive leaf extract as well.
    Updated February 15th, 2013 at 04:59 PM by The Fortress
    Maybe the garlic is effective because it keeps everyone else from coming too close to you!
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    Maybe the garlic is effective because it keeps everyone else from coming too close to you!
    They sell odorless garlic!