View RSS Feed

Trying to Train Smarter, Not Just Harder

02/18/13

Rate this Entry
by , February 18th, 2013 at 05:13 PM (497 Views)
Went to Auburn for a meet this past weekend - Saturday was ok - I swam about what I expected to. Went to Red Lobster for a nice dinner & then back to hotel - where I promptly realized I had come down with a GI bug. Tried to swim the 500 on Sunday - felt sorta ok - but added 20 seconds to my time - so I'm guessing I wasn't feeling so great. Have been nauseous ever since Saturday night with mild fever. So I'll chalk this one up to "oh well". Didn't swim today - didn't go to work either. It was 27 this morning, and I had a fever & felt nauseous; I felt entitled to sleep in. Poor choice. I've been bored silly all day long. Perhaps skipping the pool was wise, but skipping work - geez, the day has just been dragging. Was able to keep down some cheese and crackers this afternoon, so I'm presuming my hale & hearty self is on the mend, and I'll be back to normal tomorrow. Weights at 5:30, then to Meyers for a quick 2000. ATAC goes to Sr Champs this weekend, so I have to practice on my own on Saturday, so I think I'll wait until lunch time & get in some "rays".

Submit "02/18/13" to Digg Submit "02/18/13" to del.icio.us Submit "02/18/13" to StumbleUpon Submit "02/18/13" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

It was nice to meet you! I'm sorry you weren't feeling well. Feel better soon!
    When you wrote "Red Lobster" I thought, uh-oh, some bad sea food? But it sounds like more than just a touch of food poisoning if you were still feeling bad this morning. Hope you feel better soon.