View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Tuesdsay, Feb. 19

Rate this Entry
by , February 19th, 2013 at 04:39 PM (620 Views)
Swim/SCY/Solo:

Warm up:

600 various
12 x 25 DPK shooters w/fins @ :45
-- 4 back, 4 belly, 4 right side
50 EZ

Main Sets:

10 x 50 w/agility paddles @ :15 RI
odds = front scull
evens = smooth free
50 EZ

10 x 50 w/agility paddles @ 1:00
odds = back
evens = breast
50 EZ

8 x 25 burst + cruise, fast hands drills @ 1:00
50 EZ

8 x 25 burst dolphin kick + cruise @ 1:00
50 EZ

3 x (25 AFAP free w/fins + 75 EZ) @ 3:00
-- 10 highs
50 EZ DAB
100 free

Total: 3000

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Still feeling really poorly. But I did manage to drag myself to the pool to do this very easy workout. I had hoped I could crank this week after skipping all of last week, but I think it's still going to be a few more days until I'm 100%. Between this extended illness, spring vacation and putting our house on the market April 1, I may not be in tip top shape for Nationals in early May. C'est la vie. I already have some good times logged. I just hope our house sells quickly; 24/7 cleaning will not agree with me. The market is very good right now in DC, so fingers crossed.

Nice article by Glenn Mills about reading sets: http://www.goswim.tv/entries/6228/reading-a-set.html

Submit "Tuesdsay, Feb. 19" to Digg Submit "Tuesdsay, Feb. 19" to del.icio.us Submit "Tuesdsay, Feb. 19" to StumbleUpon Submit "Tuesdsay, Feb. 19" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

That's a good article about how to approach the sets. I agree that so many people just swim through the workouts and don't make the most of their time in the pool.
    Quote Originally Posted by slow
    That's a good article about how to approach the sets. I agree that so many people just swim through the workouts and don't make the most of their time in the pool.
    Agree! I've seen this at USS and masters practices. I don't typically have this problem training solo, fortunately. If there's not a purpose to the set, I'm not motivated to do it.
    Wow, the compound should be snatched up quickly. The DC area is known for people with deep F.U. Pockets in any kind of economy. It is a nice house with a room just for drying swimsuits!
    Quote Originally Posted by tjrpatt
    Wow, the compound should be snatched up quickly. The DC area is known for people with deep F.U. Pockets in any kind of economy. It is a nice house with a room just for drying swimsuits!
    I really hope so! Our real estate agent seems to agree. But it is an historic house and the DC area is also known for it's love of oversize center hall colonials.
    Are you staying in the DC area?
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    Are you staying in the DC area?
    No, sadly. To Pittsburgh, land where USMS barely exists. I will have to travel for every meet.