View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Wed., Feb. 20

Rate this Entry
by , February 20th, 2013 at 05:52 PM (968 Views)
Swim/SCY/Solo:

Warm up:

600 various
6 x 50 @ :15 RI
odds = scull
evens = caterpillar fly drill
6 x 25 shooters w/fins @ :45
50 EZ

Main Sets:

8 x 25 burst + cruise @ 1:00
-- 4 fast hands, 4 dolphin
50 EZ

4 x (25 AFAP kick w/fins & board + 75 EZ) @ 3:00
-- 11s

1 x 50 AFAP fly w/fins, 23 high
150 EZ
-- felt god awful

4 x (50 @ 100 pace w/fins + 100 EZ) @ 4:00
fly (26), back (25 high), breast (30), free (24)

5 x 50 smooth free w/agility paddles @ 1:00
50 EZ

Total: 2850


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Still suffering from malaise. Not even really sure I should be swimming, but I do feel a bit better after swimming than before. I really don't have any AFAP in me right now. I fear that, like Wookiee, this will last a full two weeks. At least I got in the pool. Going to the gym seemed too hard today; hopefully, I can get there tomorrow.

Submit "Wed., Feb. 20" to Digg Submit "Wed., Feb. 20" to del.icio.us Submit "Wed., Feb. 20" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wed., Feb. 20" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

  1. fdtotten's Avatar
    As you are not 100% recovered from the malaise, your basic aerobic and muscular metabolic systems are still moderately suppressed as well. So build up AFAP for 25s are more within your capacity at the moment than 100% AFAP 50s/100s. Just being in the water is a victory. Wishing you faster quicker ASAP recovery!
  2. jaadams1's Avatar
    Swimming, or doing any workout, for the most part leaves you feeling good afterward, even if you are sick or not feeling great beforehand. I decided to go tonight as well, even though my back was a bit touchy from something I moved or something at work. Just to get in a relaxing EZ swim is way better than sitting around at home sobbing about it (provided you don't cause additional pain).
  3. sglines's Avatar
    Dont worry about speed until the virus passes. I had some variant of the flu i january and was out....the speed comes right back!!!!!!Feel better Leslie
  4. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fdtotten
    As you are not 100% recovered from the malaise, your basic aerobic and muscular metabolic systems are still moderately suppressed as well. So build up AFAP for 25s are more within your capacity at the moment than 100% AFAP 50s/100s. Just being in the water is a victory. Wishing you faster quicker ASAP recovery!
    Yes, they definitely feel suppressed and I am nowhere near 100%. Doing an all out 100 sounds impossible right now.
  5. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    Swimming, or doing any workout, for the most part leaves you feeling good afterward, even if you are sick or not feeling great beforehand. I decided to go tonight as well, even though my back was a bit touchy from something I moved or something at work. Just to get in a relaxing EZ swim is way better than sitting around at home sobbing about it (provided you don't cause additional pain).
    There is that old adage saying you can exercise if it's above the neck but not if it's below the neck. Unfortunately, I feel like I'm just barely staving off bronchitis with my hacking cough. There was no way I even wanted to get off the couch last week. I'm not sobbing; I'm just bored and cross that it messed up my overall training plan. Hope your back feels better!
  6. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sglines
    Dont worry about speed until the virus passes. I had some variant of the flu i january and was out....the speed comes right back!!!!!!Feel better Leslie
    Thanks Susan. I suspect the speed will be there. I'm more worried about the conditioning for my 100s, though I suppose this flu variant was like a 2 week taper (with no fast time to show for it!).