View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Sat., Feb. 23

Rate this Entry
by , February 23rd, 2013 at 03:36 PM (6466 Views)
Drylands:

RC/scapular, 20 min
extreme angle iso squat w/10 lb DB, 5:00
leg abductor, 120 x 4 x 6
low row, 90 x 3 x 8
good mornings, 75 x 4 x 8
super pullover, 110 x 3 x 8
explosive leg press, 190 x 3 x 15
total ab machine, 130 x 3 x 8
captains chair leg raises, 2 x 230
power wheel roll outs, 2 x 15
long arm crunches, 50
altitude drops, 2 x 5 -- no one seems to like watching me do these. today, a bodybuilder type told me I was wrecking my knees

15 minutes stretch/foam roll

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Went to the gym for the first time in 2 weeks and dragged myself through this workout. I am still quite under the weather. I took yesterday off to try to speed things along, but woke up with no energy. I haven't been sick this long in years. Really need to get back on the HIT train ...

I heard a rumor that Speedo went to a Mason practice after two months out of the pool. Teen Fort says he's still fast even when he doesn't train. And he says he will sign up for Albatross.

Submit "Sat., Feb. 23" to Digg Submit "Sat., Feb. 23" to del.icio.us Submit "Sat., Feb. 23" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sat., Feb. 23" to Google

Comments

This is exactly how I felt during my two weeks of the crud. Do you think Speedo will ever return to fulltime training? And what makes him so damn fast,even if he hasn't been training? I think we need to drug test him.
    Day 13 for me and progress, if any, is glacially slow. Very frustrating. I want my life back.

Speedo's in good shape with his biking and running. I'm sure hopping in and trying an AFAP 100 free wouldn't feel great though. If he's right on his 50 free time at Albatross, well know he's doping!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    a bodybuilder type told me I was wrecking my knees
    How do you respond to such a suggestion from the uninformed, but concerned, "My knees are still under warrantee"?

What interval do you usually take for each altitude drop rep within the set?
    Quote Originally Posted by __steve__
    How do you respond to such a suggestion from the uninformed, but concerned, "My knees are still under warrantee"?

What interval do you usually take for each altitude drop rep within the set?
    I responded that my knees were fine. He then said "they won't be in a couple years." I've been doing the a couple years+ though ... I suppose they are rather hard on the knees. Plyos are sure great for walls and blocks though and doing 10 1-2 x per week seems like low volume.

I never use intervals at the gym, so I don't really know. 20 seconds?
    Updated February 24th, 2013 at 10:41 AM by The Fortress
    A 100 free would be awful. My pills only help with 30sec efforts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedo
    A 100 free would be awful. My pills only help with 30sec efforts.
    Do you share pills? I need a little sumpin sumpin to blast me out of this funk.
    Do you share pills? I need a little sumpin sumpin to blast me out of this funk.
    Good grief- still..? I can bring you something next time I see you. In the interim, I'd suggest Hot Tamales or Mike and Ikes.
    Good grief- still..? I can bring you something next time I see you. In the interim, I'd suggest Hot Tamales or Mike and Ikes.
    Still not well. . Getting depressed. I tried a dove bar yesterday. No salutary effect. I tried again today and a kid pooped in the pool. Wtf
    Still not well. . Getting depressed. I tried a dove bar yesterday. No salutary effect. I tried again today and a kid pooped in the pool. Wtf
    When Dove Bars and Baby Ruths can't turn things around, you need a professional. Do you know if Oak Marr is open yet?
    When Dove Bars and Baby Ruths can't turn things around, you need a professional. Do you know if Oak Marr is open yet?
    Not yet. They still haven't found the source of the leak. Machine just sent out an email with alternative practice sites for the entire week. But I would keep checking with them.