View RSS Feed

Chowmi's Blog

Meet Report!

Rate this Entry
by , February 23rd, 2013 at 06:35 PM (4222 Views)
Here are my results!

SCY, SMU indoor pool 1-day meet:

50 back: 29.4
50 free (from a split): 25.3
20 back: 2:19.6

Best swim was certainly the 200 back. I swam next to my old college suitemate, and 200 back school record holder! So it was nice to have someone to chase. I think that is why I tried harder whereas the 50's I was essentially all by myself.

My goal was to try to get a top ten time, and i'd be really surprised if I didn't. A 2:20 has always made it in, and I will likely enter this event at the zone meet. I'll have to get back to you on the splits. I looked up at the board and I swear it said 1:10 at the 100, which means I really negative split it! Then again, that could have been the running time or I could have been completely wrong. I had way to much left in the tank and did a complete sprint-o for the last 25.

Next up: nothing new. Pretty much the same stuff and shenanigans at workout, and hopefully i'll know my 200 back splits and what I will enter at zones!

Submit "Meet Report!" to Digg Submit "Meet Report!" to del.icio.us Submit "Meet Report!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Meet Report!" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Chowmi, I too was at the DAM meet at SMU. I think I saw your back race it was terrific. I wish I had known you were there and I would have introduced myself. Next time. Nice meet.
    Great job!
    200 back? What's next -- 500 free? 400 IM?

Nicely done.
    That is a very nice 200 back time! I wish I could go that fast! No SDK like at Zoned last year?
    I started the 200 back from the wall. My back start is so weak and it takes so much out of me I thought it wasn't worth it to do a "real" start. I used 2 SDKs off each wall, except for the start and last turn. I had a lot left in the tank so it's still about trying to find the balance of speed and endurance. I think I could up it to 3 SDKs or at least 2/3 every other wall. I am thinking about doing other events for fun!!!! I just can't decide. On one hand it's a shame to pass up fast swims at the UT swim center, so I feel somewhat obligated to swim my bestest events. On the other hand, I would like to just try some different events. And there's few opportunties to swim everything, so I gotta make a decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    Chowmi, I too was at the DAM meet at SMU. I think I saw your back race it was terrific. I wish I had known you were there and I would have introduced myself. Next time. Nice meet.
    Awesome! Hope you had fun! It was a nicely spaced out meet this year! One could actually rest between most events. Hope to meet you at other local meets!