View RSS Feed

Fast Food Makes for Fast Swimming!

Mon, Feb. 25, 2012 7:00-9:00pm

Rate this Entry
I'm enjoying taper time...at least that's what my team is doing in preparation for the Champs meet this coming weekend. I'm doing things right along with them, for the most part. I figure with my masters SCM meet coming up in Idaho next weekend, I can enjoy a little rest now, and see what I can blast away at with times...and then build it back up for a month or more prior to Indy's taper time.

Warmup:

600 (25 Free/25 V-sit/25 Breast flutter kick/25 V-sit)
(600/600)

12 x 100 Flutter Kick w/ long fins & board @ 1:50 (Desc. 1-3)
I decided to switch it up a bit with the extended rest and try out a little flutter with a board. Normally on short rest I end up cramping while kicking on my stomach, but today I was okay with the longer rest.
(1200/1800)

400 Free Pull Desc. 100s
(400/2200)

Main Set: Rotating Lanes Circuit

Lane 6-
12 x 50 Free @ 1:00 Holding 500 Free pace
Started at :30/31s, then all :30s, last couple at :29s

Lane 5-
8 x 50 Choice Drill (did Fly) @ 1:30
The following drill takes up the entire 50, just keep the pattern through the turn
Did 3R/3L, 2R/2L, 1R/1L, Regular Fly to finish (about 3-4 strokes)

Lane 4-
4 x Broken 100s @ 3:00 w/ :10 rest @ each 25
(went :54/:54/:53/:52)

Deep Tank widths-
12 Cross Pool Sprints @ 1:00

200 EZ
(1800/4000)

8 x 25 @ 1:00 Odds EZ, Evens AFAP Sprint
Did all Free...beat the 12 year old girls next to me.
(200/4200)

600 EZ cooldown

--------------------------------
4800 Yards

I'm feeling fast, and wish I could shave and throw down a 500 Free. For some reason I feel like I could break 5:00. I want to race this weekend with the team, but I have to be in Seattle to send off my mother-in-law at the airport. Oh well...that's life.

Submit "Mon, Feb. 25, 2012 7:00-9:00pm" to Digg Submit "Mon, Feb. 25, 2012 7:00-9:00pm" to del.icio.us Submit "Mon, Feb. 25, 2012 7:00-9:00pm" to StumbleUpon Submit "Mon, Feb. 25, 2012 7:00-9:00pm" to Google

Comments

Just taper for every meet!
    When is your MIL's flight? You could call Bob Moore and ask if you can deck enter the 500 free at the Sand Point meet. The meet info says "no race day entries" but you never know...
    Do you know anything about the USMS teams in Boise?

I found this one on the USMS website:
    http://www.sawtoothmasters.com/Sawto..._Workouts.html
    They have quite a few workouts...

I'll be in Boise for work in April and was thinking of dropping in on a workout. Unfortunately, there aren't any 24 Hour Fitness gyms in Boise.
    Quote Originally Posted by tjrpatt
    Just taper for every meet!
    I guess I could shave too...oh wait, someone does that....
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    When is your MIL's flight? You could call Bob Moore and ask if you can deck enter the 500 free at the Sand Point meet. The meet info says "no race day entries" but you never know...
    She's on a redeye midnight flight out of Seattle Saturday night. The thought of dropping in on the meet already went through my head...

...then I remembered that I need to stay married for the tax benefits each year, and to refrain from paying child support.

No point of dragging the entire family along EARLY in the morning, just for me to jump in the pool, and then "waste the day" in Seattle doing basically nothing but walking around a mall or something that would just spend more money. Plus I have our meet over here in Coeur d'Alene the following weekend. You should do that one. Join T.G. and myself in the 1500 at the end. I'm throwing down a 400 IM right beforehand just to give T.G. a chance this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    Do you know anything about the USMS teams in Boise?

I found this one on the USMS website:
    http://www.sawtoothmasters.com/Sawto..._Workouts.html
    They have quite a few workouts...

I'll be in Boise for work in April and was thinking of dropping in on a workout. Unfortunately, there aren't any 24 Hour Fitness gyms in Boise.
    Sawtooth Masters is "the" team in Boise. I've swum two meets there in my lifetime, Sr. Regionals when I was a younger guy, and it's a great pool...though I can't remember exactly which one it is. They have a good amount of swimmers, and a few really high caliber swimmers as well...Jeff Erwin, Ellen Reynolds. My old USA swimming coach's son also swims with them now that he lives in Boise. He's a triathlon dude now, and does quite well, as he's a runner too.
    I'd just give them a call and tell them what you've got planned. People are pretty laid back in this part of the country, so I'm sure no problem dropping in. You may just have to pay the YMCA day fee, which is minimal.