View RSS Feed

Mixing it up this year

Warm water and few lights

Rate this Entry
by , February 27th, 2013 at 07:32 AM (1004 Views)
This is just not the week to swim at the CCAC. Today the water was on the warmer side 82-83ish and the lights right over the pool would not come on so we only had the lights over the bleachers and 4 spotlights to swim by.

The funny thing is last night at the Y the light in the pool in one of the lanes fell out of its housing. Of course the 8 years olds in the lane all want to play with it but I moved them over to the lane my older kids are in and the older kids moved into their lane. Atleast the teenagers stayed away from the light which was still connected via a long insulated cord on deck and they didn't try to stick their hands in the now vacant hole in the pool.

This was more of a recovery day since I did not get to warm down yesterday due to the tornado warning.

500 free every 3rd lap 1 arm fly
500 free kick w/zoomers
500 alt 50 catchup drill at the hips/50 underwater recovery free w/snorkle
5x100@2:00 back as 25 rt arm/25 lt arm/25 kick/25 swim w/zoomers went 1:39, 1:40, 1:37, 1:36, 1:33
500 free kick w/zoomers moderate pace
500 free w/snorkle maintain 6 beat kick every 4th lap choice of drill

Total 3000 yards

Submit "Warm water and few lights" to Digg Submit "Warm water and few lights" to del.icio.us Submit "Warm water and few lights" to StumbleUpon Submit "Warm water and few lights" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments