View RSS Feed

Calvin S

Wednesday 2/27/13

Rate this Entry
by , February 27th, 2013 at 04:19 PM (1237 Views)
Wednesday 2/27

PM only SCY

500 swim
5x100 @ 1:40 k/sw/dr/bld

3x
2x
4x25 @ :25 FAST FR kick w/ board
3x100
RD1 @ 1:20
RD2 @ 1:15
RD3 @ 1:10

2x
4x50 @ 1:00 w/ strapless paddles odd: 3/3/3 drill, even: DPS
4x25 @ :30 V.S.

200 EZ

Total: 4200

In Rockwall, TX (about 30 miles east of Dallas) for Sun Belt Conference Championships with the UALR women's team. Had time today between the wake-up swim and tonight's opening competition (200 medley/800 FR relays) to get in a short workout. Preparing to go out of town kept me out of the water Sunday through Tuesday, which was kind of a bummer with my taper period just starting. Planning to get a workout in every day I am down here, plus Sunday when I return to Little Rock, so that between today and Thursday next week when I leave for Sectionals, I should not miss a practice.

Submit "Wednesday 2/27/13" to Digg Submit "Wednesday 2/27/13" to del.icio.us Submit "Wednesday 2/27/13" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wednesday 2/27/13" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

What a shame. I swim at the Rockwall Aquatic Center but I am in the Middle East right now. I would have loved to swim with you. The masters swim monday,wednesday and friday morning from 5.30-6.30am and monday and wednesday night from 6.30pm-7.30pm. The facility is great and the coach, Tom Applegate is terrific. Tom always welcomes guests and are usually fun. I hope you have a good time in Rockwall.
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    What a shame. I swim at the Rockwall Aquatic Center but I am in the Middle East right now. I would have loved to swim with you. The masters swim monday,wednesday and friday morning from 5.30-6.30am and monday and wednesday night from 6.30pm-7.30pm. The facility is great and the coach, Tom Applegate is terrific. Tom always welcomes guests and are usually fun. I hope you have a good time in Rockwall.
    Thanks. It would have been great to have people to train with as opposed to swimming solo this week. It is a gorgeous facility. If we had wanted to swim though you would have had to sneak in between prelims and finals because I discovered when I arrived that all practices and open swim times were cancelled this week due to the meet. I was told by the AD that the pool was closed for "our" (read college teams) use only, so I am taking the liberty to use the facility in the afternoons. I had the whole place to myself for the above workout.