View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Wed., Feb. 27

Rate this Entry
by , February 27th, 2013 at 04:39 PM (2319 Views)
Swim/SCY/Solo:

Warm up:

10 x 25 DPK shooters w/fins @ :40
50 EZ
5 x 50 various drills @ :15 RI
50 EZ

Main Sets:

8 x 25 burst + cruise @ 1:00
100 EZ

6 x (25 AFAP + 75 EZ) @ 3:00
odds = free
evens = kick
100 EZ

10 x 25
odds = up tempo free @ :30
evens = EZ @ :45
50 EZ

8 x 25 w/parachute & snorkle @ 1:00
odds = front scull
evens = torque drill
100 EZ

Total: 2800

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Same old, same old. Still tired, hacking and elevated heart rate from minimal exertion. Had nothing today after 4 days of trying to get in workouts. I haven't helped myself by getting to bed at 3:00 am the last couple nights (insomnia). My blog has been so whiney lately ... And if you ask me if I'd like some cheese with that whine, I'd say yes!

Can it please be spring already?

Submit "Wed., Feb. 27" to Digg Submit "Wed., Feb. 27" to del.icio.us Submit "Wed., Feb. 27" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wed., Feb. 27" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

We are all whiney when we do not feel well. I think you are making a commendable effort.

In a friendly way, I would like to suggest as long as your HR continues to elevate on perceived minimal effort, that the workout session be more of the "feel good" swimming. I know you are concerned about the time away from quality training, but the most important benefit you can get from swimming now is the positive exercise stimulation towards wellness.

Work on your strokes, turns, sculling etc., so when you do feel more ready, your 'water feel' is refined and ready too. Do not worry too much ahead about your upcoming meet performances, because if you can find ways to enjoy your swim sessions now, 'in the moment' as your recovery continues, your state of mind will improve. You have been to so many championship performances and your basic core strength is well established, that when you do feel completely well, you will still perform and race accordingly.
    You're probably right. I may have tried to push the speed before my body was really ready. I think I will back off for a couple more days and see how I feel. I am just a tiny bit sad about the upcoming Albatross meet because that has a been a huge annual focus meet for me. It's the perfect meet for me: local, afternoon, fast pool, enough rest, SCM, friends in attendance. I think I will scratch the 100 IM in advance.