View RSS Feed

Alex's swim journal

Snow shoveling and EZ day in pool...

Rate this Entry
by , February 27th, 2013 at 06:33 PM (1262 Views)
The wet, slushy stuff! Not fun to shovel, so I broke down and cranked up the snowblower to get through this storm. The shoulder is still a bit more tender than I want it to feel (shoveling does not help), so I gave myself an EZ day. 2000 in about 45 minutes:

1000 EZ free warm-up (I was very stiff)
Masters minute(s)
500 Back on 10:00 (9:10; endurance on bk getting much better)
10 x 50 free on 1:00 (mostly :39-:40s; slowed down in the last couple to cool-down)

No short axis stuff today. I want to see how I swim 100-yard segments of my up-coming events tomorrow in all the strokes, but I felt like I needed a break from fly and breast to come back a little stronger. If all goes well tomorrow will be a fast day, but not necessarily that hard. Am considering even resting completely on Friday and then getting in to loosen up, practice starts again on Saturday. Meet is Sunday. Any suggestions on this schedule for the last few of days before the meet?

Submit "Snow shoveling and EZ day in pool..." to Digg Submit "Snow shoveling and EZ day in pool..." to del.icio.us Submit "Snow shoveling and EZ day in pool..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Snow shoveling and EZ day in pool..." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

My sister said she trashed her shoulders shoveling there as well.

I wouldn't do any hard AFAP efforts days before a meet. I would rest, loosen up and do a few short bursts or breakouts. Let both the nervous system and muscles rest.
    I think you are doing great but if you ask for suggestions I would say breakouts and turns and swimming with best legal form.

I spent time in the northeast and definitely don't miss all of that snow!
    Thanks guys... I'm trying to bribe the kids to take care of the shoveling for the next couple of days, but we're already through the worst. Took it EZ today, maybe 600 of moderate to hard stuff, a little of each of the strokes and worked on starts. Might take tomorrow off. Don't know yet.