4 x (4 x 50 w/agility paddles & fins) @ 1:00
1 = back
2 = breast
3 = free
4 = EZ kick w/board
50 EZ

Total: 2050

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Took yesterday off. Still hacking and finding it hard to sleep. I was due for a magnesium injection today and talked briefly with my thyroid doc. She says I mostly likely have a flu virus and that the cough may last up to 6 weeks. She was glad I hadn't been taking cough suppressants.

I'm not sure I've had a worse month of training in my masters career. Right now, I don't feel like I have an ounce of sprint conditioning or hypoxic tolerance left. I may not go to Indy. I may just re-boot and focus on LCM Zones at the end of June. There's just not much time left in the SCY season and I basically missed a very key month of training. Fortunately, there are always more meets and more seasons in masters.

Submit "Friday, Mar. 1" to Digg Submit "Friday, Mar. 1" to del.icio.us Submit "Friday, Mar. 1" to StumbleUpon Submit "Friday, Mar. 1" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

You really got hammered by that flu virus, and of course selling a house not exactly stress free. Keep doing as best you can with the most focus on doing all the things facilitating your positive mental outlook.

Transitions can unfold in unexpected ways. We had just bought and moved into a beautiful, elegant home in a wooded area walking distance from excellent schools in Evans, GA when my wife got an offer too good not to take from Chico's. All of the sudden, it was 30 days to make all preparations, sell the house, and then fly down to Fort Myers. Good thing it was a company paid relocation move, but my swimming took a hit during the temporary relocation housing while finding, buying, and moving to a new house again. I did all the unpacking because my wife was still recovering from the prior move just several months earlier.
    Indy's still a little ways away. You can always drop the distance stuff, and just focus on the sprinty stuff this year instead.

Plus I wouldn't get to meet the famous annual WR breaker. This is about as far east coast as I'll be too! Hopefully you get better soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by fdtotten
    You really got hammered by that flu virus, and of course selling a house not exactly stress free. Keep doing as best you can with the most focus on doing all the things facilitating your positive mental outlook.

Transitions can unfold in unexpected ways. We had just bought and moved into a beautiful, elegant home in a wooded area walking distance from excellent schools in Evans, GA when my wife got an offer too good not to take from Chico's. All of the sudden, it was 30 days to make all preparations, sell the house, and then fly down to Fort Myers. Good thing it was a company paid relocation move, but my swimming took a hit during the temporary relocation housing while finding, buying, and moving to a new house again. I did all the unpacking because my wife was still recovering from the prior move just several months earlier.
    I've heard quite a few people say it's an 18 day bug and that's about what it's been for me.

A double move with that kind of quick turnaround time would be dreadful. I can't imagine. Do you have kids? My 12 year old is not remotely happy about moving. It is a beautiful house though and we have been remodeling it in an arts and crafts style.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    Indy's still a little ways away. You can always drop the distance stuff, and just focus on the sprinty stuff this year instead.

Plus I wouldn't get to meet the famous annual WR breaker. This is about as far east coast as I'll be too! Hopefully you get better soon!
    I thought about that and I don't think I have much choice but to focus on 50s. It's only 2 months until Indy, some of which would have to be taper. Right now, I don't feel like I can even stay underwater much. No fun to do 100 fly or 100 back without UWs.

I would love to meet you. Just don't know if I can justify the time (during move prep) and $$ when I already have solid times in all 4 50s. Idk ... other friends are going too so it would be fun.