explosive pullovers, 90 x 3 x 12
extreme angle iso squat w/15 lb DB, 5:00
power wheel roll outs, 2 x 20
captains chair leg raises, 2 x 20
med ball slams, 10
altitude drops, 10
standing long jumps, 10

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Made it to the gym yesterday. I actually woke up today with something resembling my usual energy! I plan to try a swim at the Rec Center around 4:00 pm when the lifeguard sessions should be close to done. I am anticipating a packed pool with Oak Marr closed indefinitely (at least until April, I've heard). I will likely try to go to some team practices in March.

Going to decide on Indy later this week. Dead even on the pros and cons.

Pros:
2014 SCY nationals is too far and outside (CA)
friends going to Indy
I get to meet James
fast pool
won't be ready to taper for zones in lieu of nats either
still 7 weeks to nationals with a 3 week taper
Teen Fort wants to go

Cons:
not in shape, missed key month of training
can't really train hard for 7 weeks in a row with no recovery
couldn't rest at all for zones
might interfere with prep for LCM Zones in end of June
more time to train for LCM Zones
7 weeks to train is a very short time
gone for spring break from March 23-30

Submit "Saturday, March 3" to Digg Submit "Saturday, March 3" to del.icio.us Submit "Saturday, March 3" to StumbleUpon Submit "Saturday, March 3" to Google

Updated March 3rd, 2013 at 02:04 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Strength Training and Dryland Workouts

Comments

I get to meet James

I'm not that exciting...so whatever That Guy says, don't believe it!

I've got one more for the list: Get to meet James' wife too! She asked last night about coming along. I told her, "you realize this is a swim meet, right?" OK. Now I just have to find a ticket for her on my flights, and hope they don't change one of us in the next 2 months!
    James? Pfffft. You would get to meet me!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1

I'm not that exciting...so whatever That Guy says, don't believe it!

I've got one more for the list: Get to meet James' wife too! She asked last night about coming along. I told her, "you realize this is a swim meet, right?" OK. Now I just have to find a ticket for her on my flights, and hope they don't change one of us in the next 2 months!
    Ew. Mr. Fort would never want to come to a swim meet -- unless it were in Paris or somewhere exciting. There are dinners at night, I guess.

Everyone with kids is somewhat boring.
    Updated March 3rd, 2013 at 04:08 PM by The Fortress
    Quote Originally Posted by ekw
    James? Pfffft. You would get to meet me!
    Of course! Maybe we could have a forum dinner one night.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Ew. Mr. Fort would never want to come to a swim meet -- unless it were in Paris or somewhere exciting. There are dinners at night, I guess.

Everyone with kids is somewhat boring.
    Indy is a fun city. I had a blast in 2009. Of course, it helped that I swam well at that meet. Just don't eat at at Boca di whatever Italian Restaurant unless you want food poisoning and the "D" word.
    Of course! Maybe we could have a forum dinner one night.
    It would have to be a Friday night dinner, as I'm jetting outta there on Saturday late afternoon. I want to have a day to relax back at home afterward before getting back to work...and Sunday's events are ugly.
    Quote Originally Posted by tjrpatt
    Indy is a fun city. I had a blast in 2009. Of course, it helped that I swam well at that meet. Just don't eat at at Boca di whatever Italian Restaurant unless you want food poisoning and the "D" word.
    I had a complete blast at the Indy Nats as well, one of the most fun ever. Though I have absolutely no recollection of where we ate.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    It would have to be a Friday night dinner, as I'm jetting outta there on Saturday late afternoon. I want to have a day to relax back at home afterward before getting back to work...and Sunday's events are ugly.
    We need to identify a restaurant and then start a thread on the DF!
    We need to identify a restaurant and then start a thread on the DF!
    This might be a good place to get ideas for venues:
    http://crln.acrl.org/content/74/3/135.full
    Not even a debate. Come to Indy.
    This might be a good place to get ideas for venues:
    http://crln.acrl.org/content/74/3/135.full
    Ooooh, good link. However, I am obviously getting senile bc I read over all the choice and still have no recollection where I ate in 2009.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    Not even a debate. Come to Indy.
    I forgot to put moving & all related moving hassles on the con list. That is huge. April will not be a restful month for me. I am just hoping the house sells quickly. Right now there is low inventory in the DC market. But we have a sort of unique house for DC, so you never know.
    http://www.bucadibeppo.com/

This is where we had that dinner with the Academy Bullets. Never again. At least, the downtown Indy one. Spaghetti Factory was good and Rock Bottom(is that the right name!) was good.
    I remember the food there was pretty horrible. It was the only place we could get a reservation for that many people. The other two sound like good options for a forum dinner.
    I've been to both Spaghetti Factory and Rock Bottom Brewery, though not in Indy, and they would be a good place for a large dinner.
    I've been to both Spaghetti Factory and Rock Bottom Brewery, though not in Indy, and they would be a good place for a large dinner.
    Excellent, we can suggest these two in a DF thread when it's a bit closer to Nats