View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Sunday, Mar. 3

Rate this Entry
Swim/SCY/Solo:

Warm up:

600 various
8 x 25 back shooters w/fins @ :40
50 EZ
8 x 25 belly shooters w/fins @ :40-:45
50 EZ

Main Sets:

4 x 50 free w/agility paddles @ 1:00, descend to 200 pace
50 EZ

8 x 25 burst + cruise @ 1:00
100 EZ

2 x through:
25 AFAP + 75 EZ
50 AFAP, break :10 @ 25 + 150 EZ
75 AFAP, break :15 @ 25s + 175 EZ
R1 = dolphin kick on back, stay UW 15 M on 50 & 75
R2 = breast

3 x (25 AFAP free w/fins + 75 EZ)
-- 10s

8 x 50 smooth DPS back w/agility paddles @ 1:00
100 EZ

Total: 3600


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I braved the Rec Center yesterday afternoon and it was a total mosh pit as expected. I did manage to get half a lane the entire time. My new pet peeve: parents who seem to think it's OK to have their kid jump in and play in a lap lane being split by two adults. wtf

Still not 100%. My belly DPK has worsened after neglect. And I haven't tried my new backstroke start since the first week in Feb. I had better get some of those in before my meet March 16.

Submit "Sunday, Mar. 3" to Digg Submit "Sunday, Mar. 3" to del.icio.us Submit "Sunday, Mar. 3" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sunday, Mar. 3" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

  1. SwimStud's Avatar
    Do not psyche yourself out about the month of hell. I checked your blog you did enough maintenance. I've had it too...you have some meets in the next few weeks to practice.
    Remember the master's mantra "It's never going to be perfect"

    Train up for Zones and taper after. Start with a massage "stat", after zones.
  2. thewookiee's Avatar
    When parents let their kids use a lap lane as a play lane, I ask the kids to leave, nicely. If the kids keep coming back into the lane, they either become part of the wall or a floating object that I don't stop for.
  3. __steve__'s Avatar
    One of my fears is having a person accidentally landing on my back while I'm swimming. My shoulder would be destroyed
  4. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SwimStud
    Do not psyche yourself out about the month of hell. I checked your blog you did enough maintenance. I've had it too...you have some meets in the next few weeks to practice.
    Remember the master's mantra "It's never going to be perfect"

    Train up for Zones and taper after. Start with a massage "stat", after zones.
    Yeah, it is rarely perfect. And I feel like I had a super meet just last Dec., so shouldn't get too greedy. It's just a matter of whether to spend $$$ and do a full 3 week taper for Indy when that LCM Zones meet is only 5 weeks later. Allen thought perhaps I should aim for that meet instead.

    I do already have a massage booked for after Zones to help with recovery. I'm also glad there is more than just 12 days between Zones and Nats this year.
  5. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thewookiee
    When parents let their kids use a lap lane as a play lane, I ask the kids to leave, nicely. If the kids keep coming back into the lane, they either become part of the wall or a floating object that I don't stop for.
    I didn't ask as nicely as usual yesterday, probably cuz I just kept getting bombarded. I just don't understand what parents are even thinking. I was prepared to blow down one kid who did hop in my lane, but after one length he got out.
  6. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by __steve__
    One of my fears is having a person accidentally landing on my back while I'm swimming. My shoulder would be destroyed
    I hadn't thought about that eventuality! I worry more about head on collisions when someone hops in when I'm doing backstroke or backstroke kick and can't see them. That happened this summer in a LCM pool and the person told me to "watch what I was doing" while she did head out of the water breaststroke ...