View RSS Feed

aztimm's training blog

Monday 03042013

Rate this Entry
400 w/u

6 x 75 @ :10 rest, each done as:
* 25 free, rudder drill (kickboard between legs)
* 25 back, rudder drill (kickboard between legs)
* 25 kick

8 x 100 @ 1:40, just keep it aerobic (even at that I held 1:20-1:22)

6 x 75 @ :10 rest, done as:
* 25 scull w/board
* 50 kick
--I wore fins, did a variety of sitting on board, under stomach, etc for the sculls

800, done as:
--300 swim w/right paddle only, breathe to left
--300 swim w/left paddle only, breathe to right
--200 swim w/both paddles, breathe every 3

6 x 75 @ 1:15 IM switch (fly-back-breast, back-breast-free, etc)
(it was a choice of this or kick, and I actually chose this)

200 w/d

TTL: 3550 yards

after doing a long ride Sat instead of Sun, I didn't feel quite as run down this morning. I think the recovery-type ride yesterday really helped. plus the swim last night.

today's swim was a typical Paul Monday-recovery-type thing. I'm certainly not complaining though, it felt good to mostly stretch out, do some drills...and pick up a little bit of distance for my FLOG.

I really was going to head to the gym. but when I left work it was so nice outside (75F or so) that I decided I'd just go home and run outside...
it was dusk by the time I made it out, but still nice:

Short run w/Holly (the dog) 2.25 mi 00:20 08:40 pace

Just a little after-work run with Holly. She wasn't too happy when we crossed Pecos, but got a second wind when we turned around to head home
http://app.strava.com/activities/43191145

I had to stop 2-3 times between Pecos and the canal bridge that is about 1/2 mile north of there, where we crossed and headed back. Holly definitely wasn't happy, but I knew if I could coax her into going she'd be happy to get home, and I was correct. not only that, but there was a cat near our finish...no matter how tired she is, when there's a cat, duck, or whatever, her instincts kick in.

Submit "Monday 03042013" to Digg Submit "Monday 03042013" to del.icio.us Submit "Monday 03042013" to StumbleUpon Submit "Monday 03042013" to Google

Tags: team swim
Categories
Swim Workouts , Running

Comments