Tues, Mar. 5, 2013 5:30-7:30pm
by, March 5th, 2013 at 11:19 PM (405 Views)
I like this new scheduling. It's kind of "random" in a way on our day to day schedule, but at least it's posted on our calendar that gets email to us, and any changes, the coach re-emails a new copy with changes. At least with the early nights, I can get to bed at a decent time, hopefully, for work in the morning.
Still, somewhat in team taper mode for their age group sectional meet coming up in a couple weeks. More of a quick re-build, then taper again. I'm just managing what I can with my work schedule. Legs hurt the most with all my walking and standing all day long.
10 x 100 SDK @ 1:30 (odds - make 'em, evens - MAX Rest)
(I did 1:20-1:25 on all of them...I chose to make them all "odd"
20 x 50 Free @ 1:00
Broken into 2 sets of 10 with 2 minutes rest between the sets.
Goal was to hit your 500 pace and hold them there.
- 1st 10 - went :31/:32s, came down to a :30 at the end...still sluggish
- 2nd 10 - went :30/:31s for the first 6, then started hitting :29s for #7-9, :28 for the final one
5 x Broken 200s @ 5:30 w/ :15 rest between each.
These should be at or faster than best times
IM or Strokes, No Free (unless doing Fly, then alt. 1 Fly/1 Free)
- Did 4 of them IM (my recent best time - 2:11)
- went 2:13/2:11/2:09/2:08
- Did the final one Free - played my "masters card" and broke the rules.
- went 1:55, which equaled my recent best time
200 Swim EZ
200 Kick EZ
16 x 25 Choice @ 1:00 (Odds EZ, Evens Sprint)
Felt good tonight...going to hit the bed now, and hopefully get some good rest for work in the morning.