View RSS Feed

Trying to Train Smarter, Not Just Harder

Wed, March 6, 2013

Rate this Entry
Cold wet wind in a wet Speedo can be brutal. If I lived in Chicago, don't think I'd be complaining, but I live in Florida, so. . . .

500 back/free
500 P
300 K
100 over/under
4 x 200 @ 3:30 (nice interval, made for good quality repeats) descend
4 x 100 @ 1:45, descend
4 x 50 @ 1:00, descend
200 easy
4 x 150 swim/kick/swim @ 2:30
2 x 150 IM no fly
100 easy

Happily the pool was LCM this morning. So I get to swim LC from here until August, yea! Jenna wasn't there this morning, just me & Sela & "the kids" - they are sorta resting - the youngest ones have JO's this weekend, the older ones Sectionals next weekend. I'm still battling that stupid crick in my neck, but after I get warmed up I'm able to alternate breathe, so I guess I'm ok.

Felt good about the quality of my main set today - just kinda wish we had another set afterwards - the rest I had to do on my own with only the pace clock for company. Not my favorite. Hoping to see some improvement in my strength from weights soon. Was advised this AM that it's time to add some weight to my weights & to do fewer reps. Somehow I thought we were supposed to do moderate weights but lots of reps, and now I find out the opposite is true. I think I'm going to continue at my current weight(s) and just increase the reps until after the St.Pete meet. THEN I'll start bumping it up. Trying to make sure I don't get injured - I might not be doing it right, but lifting some weights is better than the NO weights I was lifting in January.

Submit "Wed, March 6, 2013" to Digg Submit "Wed, March 6, 2013" to del.icio.us Submit "Wed, March 6, 2013" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wed, March 6, 2013" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments