View RSS Feed

I swim, therefore I am

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Rate this Entry
by , March 12th, 2013 at 05:49 PM (593 Views)
SCY@FGCU Aquatic Center
Air temp 74, Water temp 79
Gray, cloudy skies, intermittent rain, humidity at 91%

Warm Up
Dryland band stretches 10 min
200 FR DPS-6
600 FR as (100K/scull, 100 CU) w/snorkel-agility paddles
200 FR as 6(25 EZ DPS-6, 25 DPS-7 w/strong kick)

*Set 1*
20x50 on :50 *33/32s/31
--1x500 on 6:30 *5:58
10x100 on 1:45 *1:07/1:06s/1:05
--1x500 on 6:30 *5:55
6x150 on 2:15 *1:48/1:42s/1:39
--1x500 on 6:30 *5:55
5x200 on 3:00 *2:17/2:12s/2:07
--1x500 *5:50

Warm Down
400 IM as 8(25DR or K, 25 EZ DPS Swim)
Dryland band stretches 10 min

Comments:
I missed four days of swimming; Friday-my daughter had a sore throat, Sat/Sun-working around the house, and full weekend family schedule took priority, Monday-my daughter fractured her wrist riding/falling down with her bicyle on the way to our community bus stop by the gate! Last year she had perfect attendence for third grade, but 4th grade has been much tougher on her with stomach bugs, sore throats, and now she has a cast on what is a hairline fracture in her wrist area.

Today's workout felt ugly all the way through just like the ugly gray clouds and drizzling rain. We have relatives visiting all week, so I just hope to get in the water each day as best possible.

Submit "Tuesday, March 12, 2013" to Digg Submit "Tuesday, March 12, 2013" to del.icio.us Submit "Tuesday, March 12, 2013" to StumbleUpon Submit "Tuesday, March 12, 2013" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Hope your daughter heals quickly!
    Enjoy your time with your family and I hope your daughter feels better soon. Hairline fractures on little ones seem to heal rather quickly. Our youngest has gone through the same thing (gymnastics). The pool will still be there when you can make it.
    Hope your daughter is OK. Discouraging to have such a run of bad luck. I hope you get sunshine this week to lift your spirits!
    Quote Originally Posted by thewookiee
    Hope your daughter heals quickly!
    Thank you, I appreciate it. She will have the cast on four weeks. That will include her upcoming spring break trip starting March 21 where she goes back to Shanghai, CN with my wife to see the family over there. My son and I will stay home due to my work and his school projects.
    Quote Originally Posted by joel schmaltz
    Enjoy your time with your family and I hope your daughter feels better soon. Hairline fractures on little ones seem to heal rather quickly. Our youngest has gone through the same thing (gymnastics). The pool will still be there when you can make it.
    Thanks for your positive thoughts. You are right about the bounce back, as she is already working hard to write well with her cast. The time with family is so precious, as we have none in Florida, so we treasure every visit. I always feel better when I swim, whatever the workout results are, but I do worry too much about getting out of shape even with a few days off.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Hope your daughter is OK. Discouraging to have such a run of bad luck. I hope you get sunshine this week to lift your spirits!
    She has handled it better than my wife and I have. While we were worried about her, she was busy getting everyone in the family to sign her cast, and then today came home from school with her arm cast covered by notes and comments from her entire 4th grade class. About the sunshine, thanks, as now the forecast for tomorrow is slightly cooler temperatures, but bright sunshine all day.