View RSS Feed

Chowmi's Blog

Distance swimming in Breckenridge

Rate this Entry
by , March 14th, 2013 at 04:56 PM (348 Views)
Today is our last day in Breckenridge. I am up to 16 cumulative miles towards the 50 mile club. Xmas/New Years 9 miles, this trip 7 miles. I don't have much in terms of thrilling speed or times; the main goal was to get the mileage in. It took me just over 1 hour to swim 2 miles. I have to go really slow to not feel the lack-of-oxygen burn. Other than my 1easy 1 mile day, I would do 3600 yards as 600 warm up, then 3000 left in blocks of 500 or 1000 sets. I did work on my pushoffs a bit, now that I am swimming the 500 free, the goal is to swim as little of it as possible but going as efficiently while not actually doing the swim bits. So if I can get my hips and body aligned really good, then it makes a noticable difference in the distance on my pushoff and breakouts. That's one less line to have to swim!

Next up: 13 hour drive back to Dallas! Two weeks of very busy work to the end of my fiscal year 03/31. South Central Zones is on the mega zone meet weekend across the US 04-05 to 04-07. Once all those meet results are up, i'll know about where I stand for the year.

Submit "Distance swimming in Breckenridge" to Digg Submit "Distance swimming in Breckenridge" to del.icio.us Submit "Distance swimming in Breckenridge" to StumbleUpon Submit "Distance swimming in Breckenridge" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments