Main Sets:

3 x through w/fins:
100 AFAP stroke, broken for :15 @ 25s
200 EZ
100 AFAP kick
200 EZ

Did:
back (47), back kick (52 high)
fly (47), flutter kick w/board (59 flat)
breast (55), back kick (54, fighting cramps)

10 x 25 w/parachute @ 1:00
2 back kick w/med ball overhead
2 breast w/agility paddles
3 free w/agility paddles
3 back w/agility paddles
50 EZ

8 x 50 smooth free @ 1:00
100 scull
50 EZ

Total: 3700

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The pool was lovely and empty today. But the parking lot was another story. I had to walk over half mile to get to the pool. I will have to budget time for parking there during the week.

Did another 100 focus set and it wasn't as dreadful as the last one. I am frustrated by not being able to stay UW as long as usual. I wish my fly was such that I could breath every stroke above water and stay under longer, but that is not to be. I guess I just keep working on the hypoxic element until nationals. I need to sign up! Not sure what to put as my 6th event ...

Edit: entered (used times from this year for 50s and most recent times for the 100s)
50 back, 27.80
50 breast, 33.58
50 fly, 26.86
100 IM: 1:04.25 (6th event)
100 back: 1:02.61
50 free: 25.21

I would have put breaststroke as my 6th event, but I'd rather do two events the first day of the meet. Hopefully, the 6th event won't get dropped. But I may sign up for 100 IM at Zones as a back up.

Submit "Wed., March 20" to Digg Submit "Wed., March 20" to del.icio.us Submit "Wed., March 20" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wed., March 20" to Google

Updated March 20th, 2013 at 05:58 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

I would imagine Indy will be bigger than Greensboro, but won't have the timeline advantaged of 10 lane courses. I wonder if the 6th event will go because of that? For my money, I would sacrifice a 6th event every year for the opportunity to swim in 8 WIDE lanes.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    I would imagine Indy will be bigger than Greensboro, but won't have the timeline advantaged of 10 lane courses. I wonder if the 6th event will go because of that? For my money, I would sacrifice a 6th event every year for the opportunity to swim in 8 WIDE lanes.
    Yes, that's what crossed my mind as well. Still, I have yet to attend a nationals where the 6th event was scratched.

You tall folk with large wingspan need the wide lanes! I'd prolly rather have my 6th event.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Yes, that's what crossed my mind as well. Still, I have yet to attend a nationals where the 6th event was scratched.
    Me, too. The last time it was an 8 lane pool was Austin and we had the 6th event then, but I know timelines were long. I don't mind long timelines, though, as I really go to Nationals to swim and be at the pool anyways.

You tall folk with large wingspan need the wide lanes! I'd prolly rather have my 6th event.
    it is more the waves of the other big guys than the wingspan, but I might need to rethink this viewpoint as the narrow lanes offer better drafting opportunities!
    Indy LCM 2009 Nationals, the 6th event was scratched.
    I don't mind long timelines either, Patrick. We're there to swim.

I had forgotten about LCM Indy Tom. That just meant no long course 100 fly for me. Never sad about missing that event.
    It's rare that the 6th event gets dropped- LCM at Indy in '09 was the only time since I started going to nationals (2005) that it was dropped. Apparently, it typically doesn't save enough time to make it worthwhile, at least according to my sources on the Championship committee
    Leslie i thought we were going to see you really swim the first day of the meet and do the 1000 or the 1650. Then i reread your comment. Next year?
    Quote Originally Posted by swimmieAvsFan
    It's rare that the 6th event gets dropped- LCM at Indy in '09 was the only time since I started going to nationals (2005) that it was dropped. Apparently, it typically doesn't save enough time to make it worthwhile, at least according to my sources on the Championship committee
    Excellent! Good intel.

Do you know when they make the official announcement about the 6th event?
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    Leslie i thought we were going to see you really swim the first day of the meet and do the 1000 or the 1650. Then i reread your comment. Next year?
    Ha! I never even once swam a distance free event as an age grouper. And as a master I've been reincarnated into a drop dead sprinter.
    While I have zero intention of swimming 6 events, I still hope they don't drop the 6th event either. I want the choice of which one to scratch.
    I'm swimming 2 relays this year which I'm psyched about. Looking to add a little fun, fun to the mix
    And I LOVE long time lines. what else am I gonna do in Indy? I much prefer the rest.
    Who is swimming with you from Team Pitt? The Hungarian Olympian?

More rest is always better for me too. I need it mentally as much as physically.

Are you flying or driving to Indy? 6 hours from Pittsburgh?
    Who is swimming with you from Team Pitt? The Hungarian Olympian?

More rest is always better for me too. I need it mentally as much as physically.

Are you flying or driving to Indy? 6 hours from Pittsburgh?
    Unfortunately he's not. I tried but I think he swims for a So Cal team. Jim swims for 1776 and I'm not sure if Bill is even going. If so, he needs to sign up for PTMS (Peters Twp Masters). We have a really good group but are one swimmer short of being in teh 45+ year olds.

I'm flying. Using united miles. i know a bunch who are driving though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    Unfortunately he's not. I tried but I think he swims for a So Cal team. Jim swims for 1776 and I'm not sure if Bill is even going. If so, he needs to sign up for PTMS (Peters Twp Masters). We have a really good group but are one swimmer short of being in teh 45+ year olds.

I'm flying. Using united miles. i know a bunch who are driving though.
    For women, the 45+ is faster than the 35+.

A bunch from Pittsburgh?! Land of no masters swimming meets. Both Team Pitt and PTMS? It seems very driveable from Pittsburgh. I may drive to Pittsburgh on Wed and then drive to Indy on Thursday. Flights are really expensive from Dulles right now. Of course, Teen Fort thought it was completely reasonable to spend a fortune on plane tickets and is put out.
    Excellent! Good intel.

Do you know when they make the official announcement about the 6th event?
    I don't know off the top of my head, but there's usually a line in the meet announcement that says they'll let us know by a certain date. I'm just too lazy to click over that way to find it