View RSS Feed

Alex's swim journal

Rate this Entry
by , March 21st, 2013 at 12:46 AM (444 Views)
Today I only had about 35 minutes to swim (things have been very rushed as I prepare for a conference in Omaha... about a 7-hour drive and I'm leaving tomorrow morning).

I did 2000 continuous in 32 minutes. The first couple of hundred were fairly EZ warm-up, then as I started to loosen up and feel better I brought the pace down closer to my 1650 goal pace. I never really felt uncomfortable, like I was pushing it. I looked at the clock when I hit the wall at 1650: around 26 minutes; only 40 secs slower than my seed time and about a minute slower than my goal. That's pretty good for an EZ recovery day swim.

The remaining 350 I backed off the pace and just cruised to cool down.

I got out with a few minutes to spare and a nice warm feeling all over. Recharged!

Hopefully I can get in a pool tomorrow evening at some point in Omaha; I'm always stiff after long drives.

Submit "2000..." to Digg Submit "2000..." to del.icio.us Submit "2000..." to StumbleUpon Submit "2000..." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Don't overdo the work on the 1650 so close to your meet. The temptation is to keep pushing but you don't need to, you have done the hard work, stay loose and concentrate on long strokes.

I was in Omaha late last year and swum at St Mary's college with the Omaha Masters. I found there info on the main usms web page under local programs. The group were great and very friendly. I can dig out the coaches info if it will help.
    I got in too late today to get in the swim... probably could use a day off anyway. The YMCA ten blocks from my hotel has lap lanes open tomorrow AM, so I'll probably just stroll over there and do something EZ; like you say, I don't want to overdo it at this point, but I also want to put in a little time in the pool to keep loose and keep my "feel-for-the-water"--such as it is.