100 scull
8 x 25 back shooters w/fins @ :40
50 EZ
8 x 25 belly shooters w/fins @ :45
100 EZ
8 x 25 burst + cruise @ 1:00
150 EZ

Main sets:

1 x 100 AFAP backstroke kick, 52 flat (cramped a bit)
300 EZ

Did a set from workout #5 on the HIT forum, one that Jazzy gave me ages ago. http://forums.usms.org/showthread.ph...12-March-18-24. I had to modify to only do 5 EZ 50s on rounds #6-8 and 1 EZ after #9 because I was running out of pool time.

40 x 50 w/fins:
9 x through, no breaks:
50 fast @ 100 pace @ 1:00
N x 50 EZ @ 1:00
N = 1, 2, 3, .... 8 repeat
So, for example, after the 5th fast 50, you will do 5 x 50 EZ

-- Did free on the nine fast ones. Before I started, I hoped to go 25s on them. I focused on UWs off the turn and went 24 high-25 flat on all of them. Did backstroke or backstroke kick on the EZ ones.

4 x 50 scull w/agility paddles @ :15 RI

2 x (25 AFAP w/fins + 75 EZ)
free = 10
breast = 13 (really cramped on this so desisted on the AFAP efforts)
100 EZ

Total: 4400

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woohoo! Look at me the drop dead sprinter goes over 4000. I was pretty pleased with the 52 flat in the 100 back, especially after yesterday's 6 x 100 AFAPs. I'm not sure if I've ever gone faster, but probably. Tomorrow is my last day of training before I get on a plane to Barbados. I should do a recovery workout, but may try for some more speed. Really hope I can find the long course pool in Barbados. I can't seem to find an actual address for it.

My left shoulder is very twitchy today. I have been just dismal about doing my RC/Scapular exercises anywhere but the gym. Need to fix this fast.

Jeff Commings is interviewing me tomorrow as part of a new series on Swimming World TV called "Masters Monday." Wonder what he will ask?

Submit "Thursday, March 21" to Digg Submit "Thursday, March 21" to del.icio.us Submit "Thursday, March 21" to StumbleUpon Submit "Thursday, March 21" to Google

Updated March 21st, 2013 at 05:25 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Jeff Commings is interviewing me tomorrow as part of a new series on Swimming World TV called "Masters Monday." Wonder what he will ask?
    I heard you once had a gridge with a guy over some kind of insane 200 Fly vs. 225 MF kick. True? What ever happened to the video evidence to back up the claims of a win? I was only able to dig up one side of the gridge:
    I love increasing-rest sprint sets I'm still proud of writing that one, even though I only did it once myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Hands
    I love increasing-rest sprint sets I'm still proud of writing that one, even though I only did it once myself.
    It's a keeper! If you have any other brilliant ideas, send them my way. Always looking for something different.

Whew, I'm tired after that workout. 475 yards of race pace free -- highly unusual for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    I heard you once had a gridge with a guy over some kind of insane 200 Fly vs. 225 MF kick. True? What ever happened to the video evidence to back up the claims of a win? I was only able to dig up one side of the gridge:
    Just remember, buddy, you said you cant beat me in a straight up 50 fly!

Witness = Speedo
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Just remember, buddy, you said you cant beat me in a straight up 50 fly!

Witness = Speedo
    True...but by "can't" I was meaning "it would be hella tough to do". I could do it, but the stars have to align just right. Or I could just shave and taper for a 50...nah. You're still faster anyway. An female vs. a 35 male. The lady is better.

100 Fly?
    You got me in a 100. Though I don't train at all for it and was still #2 in the world behind Karlyn, who is kinda fast.

Maybe it's because I don't eat fast food?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Maybe it's because I don't eat fast food?
    Never too late to get started. You can always get it with a Diet Coke.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    Never too late to get started. You can always get it with a Diet Coke.
    Nah, I don't like fast food. Chipolte or Panera is about as fast food as I get. My kids have likewise always been deprived. I do admit to an occasional indulgence in Diet Coke. :-)