View RSS Feed

swimsuit addict

A struggly day

Rate this Entry
Some days at the pool are all-fun-all-the-time, some turn out great once you drag yourself there, and some just seem a struggle from beginning to end. I had one of the last kind this morning. Besides still being painfully sore from Saturday’s 3-hour diving clinic, I had woken up way too early this morning, which gave me ample time to eat breakfast, get some work done, and get sleepy again just as it was time to head out the door. On the upside, I had an friend to share the workout with, and the pool was a decent temperature. This is what I managed:

800 lcm warmup (400s, 200k, 200p)

2.5 times thru:
300 FR swim
300 FR pull with paddles
300 FR swim
200 kick
[The interval for these was 5:00 mostly, which wasn’t easy today. Somehow my triceps ended up being the sorest part of my body, and it took some willpower to find technique keys to focus on during the swims and pulls instead of simply saying “ow, ow, ow, ow” to myself on every stroke. (Plus I had done that during most of warmup, and it got old). I could just hear the voice of my ballet teacher, who likes to ask towards the end of excruciating barre excercises “You’re not feeling sorry for yourselves are you?” I decided to minimize the self-pity and find some good in this set by focusing on my head position when breathing and on using my legs during the swims.]

400 warmdown + play

I would have given a lot for a post-practice hot tub this morning. Alas, that’s not among Riverbank’s amenities yet.

Submit "A struggly day" to Digg Submit "A struggly day" to del.icio.us Submit "A struggly day" to StumbleUpon Submit "A struggly day" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments