View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 25 - Monday AM

Rate this Entry
My coach got married on Saturday so this was an uncoached session. I ended up doing another Ptrick Brundage modified workout.

Warm up
400 free with snorkel
6x50 catchup on 45
16x75 free holding 45 on 1.10
100 easy

Main set
2x(2x150 pull on 1.50, 6x50 fast on 1min, 2x100 pull on 1.30, 8x25 fast on 30, 4x50 on 40) holding 1min per 100 pace

Warm down
300 easy

Total 4700

I felt stiff and found it hard getting going on the 75s, but managed to hold 1min pace per 100 the entire practice. This is the fastest I have yet been able to hold for a long set.

Submit "Week 25 - Monday AM" to Digg Submit "Week 25 - Monday AM" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 25 - Monday AM" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 25 - Monday AM" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

1:00/100 pacing for the main-set is terrific! You are making steady progress along with sustaining good health, while at the same time an international business traveler, active working professional, and family man. That is already an excellent and impressive achievement, where a good performance at the SCY USMS Nationals will be icing on the cake.
    Thanks Frank. I was very happy with yesterday's workouts. I have a few niggly aches and pains right now so I am icing after the workout, but fingers crossed nothing major, just the after affects of my travels. I am getting excited about Nationals but before that i have a training camp next week; my final big push on yardage before I come down for Nationals. Thanks for all the support.