View RSS Feed

joel schmaltz

Floundering Around

Rate this Entry
I haven't been in the pool for about a 11 days. Gymnastics out of town, child #2 with the flu, being more of a Mr Mom and work have all helped contribute to my lack of pool time. Everything felt surprisingly great except for freestyle. I stole most of this from Sue Mangan's blog and just swam through it.

400 IM (k,dr,dr,s by 25)
200 back >6 SDK off walls
200 breast DPS
4 x 50 build @ 60
-odds bk, evens br

4 x 25 fly @ 30
3 x 100 bk @ 1:45
100 IM drill @ 2:00
100 IM fast @ 2:00
4 x 25 fl @ 30
4 x 75 br @ 1:30
4 x 50 fly @ 30
6 x 50 fr @ 50
100 cruise

200 kick build each 50 r/20
200 drill/swim by 25 r/20
200 swim build each 50

200 w/d

Loved this one! Maybe because I didn't feel as bad as I thought I would. I will admit that I didn't have much "build" left for the final 200 IM. Glad to be back!

Submit "Floundering Around" to Digg Submit "Floundering Around" to del.icio.us Submit "Floundering Around" to StumbleUpon Submit "Floundering Around" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Glad you are back! We all must do what we have to do. Training in the Summer is more challenging for me when my kids are out of school and the SWF thunder-lightening storms. I handle it better now, but sometimes would miss 30-75 days! I hope that you are flu recovered 100%. Once you build up training momentum again you will pick up from where you were before.
    Thanks!! 35-70 days! That's crazy. It has been a wild couple of weeks for me wearing more hats and trying to help the wife out. Work has been my biggest obstacle. This is a busy time of year for me.
    You are right, I will get it all back soon enough.
    I appreciate the encouragement.

Will you be swimming in the Pan Am games in Sarasota?
    Quote Originally Posted by joel schmaltz

Will you be swimming in the Pan Am games in Sarasota?
    Yes, I will be there for the 800M FR and the 3K OW. Let's connect if you will also be there during that time. I will have my daughter with me, perhaps also my son, but my wife has used all her PTO and will have to be at work.
    We will be traveling down on Wed for me to swim Thursday through Sunday and then coming back home on Mon. I am bringing the wife and our two girls and plan on taking one of those days completely off for a family day w/no swimming. That all depends on if we do relays or not.

I'll get up with you when we get a little closer to June.