View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Evil is in me ...

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Standard resting workout:

Warm up:

700 variety warm up

8 x 50 back @ 1:00

Was trying for easy speed. Had none, these are the slowest 50s backs I've done in recent memory.

50 EZ

Speed Work:

3 x (25 build free + 25 easy)

50 EZ

3 x (25 AFAP kick w/fins + 25 easy)

3 x (25 AFAP free w/fins + 25 easy)

50 EZ

1 x 50 back AFAP w/fins (25ish)

200 C/D

Total: 1900

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The evil is in me, and I'm not talking about evilstroke. Seems like full on taper bitchies (confirmed by Mini-Fort), compounded by headache and totally wrenched neck/left trap. Going to chiro tomorrow. Felt dreadful in the water, the worst I've felt in ages. Hope that goes away; trying to ignore it.

I'm not going to the SCM meet in NY. I called the meet director today just to get a sense of the timeline and confirm receipt of my entry before I booked a flight. My entry was apparently mysteriously lost in the mail. (I didn't make a copy of it.) I don't have a fax machine and couldn't get to one today, as I'm too busy. Entry deadline has passed. So I'm crossing this meet off my list. Hopefully, I can find another one to go to later in the year. Bad luck + taper/sick bitchies is a bad combo. Perhaps it's just better to get back to training anyway!

Hope I get my mojo back soon. I think a run is needed. Trying to resist the urge to walk right out the door this very minute ... Promise to be less whiney in future posts!

Submit "Evil is in me ..." to Digg Submit "Evil is in me ..." to del.icio.us Submit "Evil is in me ..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Evil is in me ..." to Google

Updated April 21st, 2009 at 09:13 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sorry to hear the taper bitchies and lost meet entries. I think that the Maryland Series Summer Meet thingy has a SCM meet in the summer. I know that you mentioned that you are a pool snob but it is an SCM meet. In the future, maybe scan and .pdf your entries.
    Quote Originally Posted by tjrpatt
    Sorry to hear the taper bitchies and lost meet entries. I think that the Maryland Series Summer Meet thingy has a SCM meet in the summer. I know that you mentioned that you are a pool snob but it is an SCM meet. In the future, maybe scan and .pdf your entries.
    I would have done that initially, but there was no email address to send inquiries or entries to on the meet entry form. There was only a phone number. Rather unusual.

Hmm ... I don't recall seeing a SCM meet on the Md Series schedule ... I think that the only decent pool in that series is the Naval Academy?
    There is a very nice SCM meet in Nov in Dallas, and you can race chowmi

Sorry that you are cranky that you aren't getting to lift as often as you would like.
    I echo the other comments, sorry you are feeling crabby, but maybe it means you're ready to race???

And we also have at least 2 SCM meets here in AZ, in the fall. I think I saw one in Tucson, the other hosted by my team at ASU. If you make the effort to come out, I'll swim the ASU meet....maybe even Tucson. You could always do another visit with your family there....
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    There is a very nice SCM meet in Nov in Dallas, and you can race chowmi

Sorry that you are cranky that you aren't getting to lift as often as you would like.
    As Dallas is only a one hour difference, that is a possibility! I think there is a TYR Series meet in Louisville in Nov. too. There's a great SCM meet at Indy the end of Oct., but it's the same weekend as the Sprint Classic and MCM. Since I can likely only go to one or no days of the Rutgers meet, I will definitely be shopping around for another meet!

I'd love to meet the LZR clad lurker chowmi.

I'm sure the weights feel very neglected.
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    I echo the other comments, sorry you are feeling crabby, but maybe it means you're ready to race???

And we also have at least 2 SCM meets here in AZ, in the fall. I think I saw one in Tucson, the other hosted by my team at ASU. If you make the effort to come out, I'll swim the ASU meet....maybe even Tucson. You could always do another visit with your family there....
    Except I just can't adapt to the time change. Don't want to wake up in the middle of the night!

Don't feel ready at all. But I guess I could be. I have no expectations for Zones, so it's pretty stress free. I was really aiming for the NY meet. Terrible to incur a case of rest/taper bitchies for a meet that doesn't matter much! Really bad planning on my part. I could have been on my endorphin high this week. Of course, Jazz thinks it's all in my head anyway. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Except I just can't adapt to the time change. Don't want to wake up in the middle of the night!
    Well if it is after DST ends, then it is only a 2 hr change
    Personally I think it is really strange that AZ doesn't do DST, but what do I know...
    Our LMSC Events page lists several SCM meets, including Tucson and Tempe (also Flag).

I'm planning to get in 4-5 days before the Scranton Marathon so I'm adjusted to the time and weather. Whenever I go to PA I have a tough time getting up before 8am.
    As Dallas is only a one hour difference, that is a possibility! I think there is a TYR Series meet in Louisville in Nov. too. There's a great SCM meet at Indy the end of Oct., but it's the same weekend as the Sprint Classic and MCM. Since I can likely only go to one or no days of the Rutgers meet, I will definitely be shopping around for another meet!
    Uh oh, the heats are mixed and you will be in faster heats than me in the 50 and 100fr!

The pool is 11 lanes wide (iirc, maybe 9), and two are warm up cool down lanes, so it doesn't compare with Indy or Austin, but it is a nice small facility. The meet lasts about 4 hours plus warm up, so it is probably not an ideal meet for you, unless you only want to swim 2 or 3 events. Michelle can find out the dates if you are really interesting, but it is usually the weekend before Thanksgiving.

Michelle knows how to have a good time at a swim meet.

I will let you know if someone else decides to host a meet (like maybe my new team), since there are several 50m indoor pools that could host a great SCM meet.
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    Uh oh, the heats are mixed and you will be in faster heats than me in the 50 and 100fr!

The pool is 11 lanes wide (iirc, maybe 9), and two are warm up cool down lanes, so it doesn't compare with Indy or Austin, but it is a nice small facility. The meet lasts about 4 hours plus warm up, so it is probably not an ideal meet for you, unless you only want to swim 2 or 3 events. Michelle can find out the dates if you are really interesting, but it is usually the weekend before Thanksgiving.

Michelle knows how to have a good time at a swim meet.

I will let you know if someone else decides to host a meet (like maybe my new team), since there are several 50m indoor pools that could host a great SCM meet.
    Thanks.

I just swam SCM at MAC, our one and only local SCM meet. That facility is just OK, but it's deep enough. It's the four foot depth pools that I can't tolerate. The NY meet was only supposed to last 3 1/2 hours. That's OK for 3 events if they're decently spaced.
    Updated April 21st, 2009 at 08:42 PM by The Fortress
    Well if it is after DST ends, then it is only a 2 hr change
    Personally I think it is really strange that AZ doesn't do DST, but what do I know...
    Our LMSC Events page lists several SCM meets, including Tucson and Tempe (also Flag).

I'm planning to get in 4-5 days before the Scranton Marathon so I'm adjusted to the time and weather. Whenever I go to PA I have a tough time getting up before 8am.
    8am sounds good to me! I have trouble flying east to west.

I do think it's a good idea to adjust for a few days for your marathon.
    I think your post office must be putting a curse on your meet entries. You've had some bad luck. It is kind of nice that online entries are becoming more widespread.

In less than one week you can go out for a run. It will be here before you know it.

Bet you will feel better after the visit to the chiro tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by elise526
    I think your post office must be putting a curse on your meet entries. You've had some bad luck. It is kind of nice that online entries are becoming more widespread.

In less than one week you can go out for a run. It will be here before you know it.

Bet you will feel better after the visit to the chiro tomorrow.
    Thanks elise. I think I'm going to PM Puff and ask what her chiro has done for her headaches. I usually never get them, very bothersome. Just feel out of sorts. However, I'm still looking forward to Zones, as it will be fun to see everyone.
    Sorry about all your bad luck Fort. It sounds like it's time for things to start looking up again!
    The Oct. Indy meet is a good one, in fact the TYR series is alot of fun! (Indy, Louisville, Chicago). Chicago is a great trip in Dec. (great shopping and food!) I liked all 3 pools, Indy # 1, Chicago # 2, Lousiville #3(a great pool, just a little too warm on the water for me).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobinator
    Sorry about all your bad luck Fort. It sounds like it's time for things to start looking up again!
    The Oct. Indy meet is a good one, in fact the TYR series is alot of fun! (Indy, Louisville, Chicago). Chicago is a great trip in Dec. (great shopping and food!) I liked all 3 pools, Indy # 1, Chicago # 2, Lousiville #3(a great pool, just a little too warm on the water for me).
    No big deal. April is almost over. lol

The TYR series seems great. I have conflicts with Indy (Marine Corp Marathon -- Mr. Fort entered) and Chicago (same weekend as big USS meet and Rutgers CZ). The only real possibility is Louisville. I've heard from Jim M. that the pool is very fast, but that it's a quick meet because of lower entries. Still could be worth it though!

I went to law school in Chicago -- love the city. Don't miss the cold though.
    Hi Fort,
    Check out the NC Master website. There is a State Meet June 28th and 29th.
    I thought of you at the Raleigh Masters. I look forward to meeting you somewhere, sometime...
    I've been away from the blog for a while. I would not take well my entry being lost either. Maybe they could email people confirms or you could also register your letter at the post office. That way you have "proof of life" of your entry form!
    Flipper
    Quote Originally Posted by flippergirl
    Hi Fort,
    Check out the NC Master website. There is a State Meet June 28th and 29th.
    I thought of you at the Raleigh Masters. I look forward to meeting you somewhere, sometime...
    I've been away from the blog for a while. I would not take well my entry being lost either. Maybe they could email people confirms or you could also register your letter at the post office. That way you have "proof of life" of your entry form!
    Flipper
    It was bizarre. Never had a lost entry before. Just glad I hadn't already booked the flight.

Is the NC meet then in SCM or LCM? We have quite a few USS LCM meets here that I could attend. I did go to a meet in NC last September though at Triangle Aquatic Center and had a great time. There was some very fast swimming at your state meet, especially by Sue Walsh!
    It was bizarre. Never had a lost entry before. Just glad I hadn't already booked the flight.

Is the NC meet then in SCM or LCM? We have quite a few USS LCM meets here that I could attend. I did go to a meet in NC last September though at Triangle Aquatic Center and had a great time. There was some very fast swimming at your state meet, especially by Sue Walsh!
    Sue Walsh was at the Raleigh meet and she is who reminded me of you. Same age group, I think.
    The meet I am talking about might be called the State Games...but I really shouldn't say until I go back to the website of NC masters swim.
    Nice to be in touch with you again, Fort.
    Quote Originally Posted by flippergirl
    Sue Walsh was at the Raleigh meet and she is who reminded me of you. Same age group, I think.
    The meet I am talking about might be called the State Games...but I really shouldn't say until I go back to the website of NC masters swim.
    Nice to be in touch with you again, Fort.
    Thanks for the info. Let me know.

Sue Walsh rocks!

How's the shoulder?

Yes, we should have a great SCM season in AZ this fall. Better yet, though I've still never managed to make my schedule work to do this myself, consider coming out to the Long Beach SCM champs in early December.

FYI: the SCM meet scheduled at U of A in the fall will be in their new 25 M pool which doubles as a diving well, so the water will be ~15 feet deep. It looks fast & fun to swim in.

Hope you feel better.
    Good luck with your exorcism this weekend.

Hope you do well with the new guns!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast