Seated twisters w/25 lb DB, 3 x 25
long arm crunches, 2 x 50
Crunches on you ball w/feet on wall, 3 x 15
alternating hammers w/15 lb DBs, 3 x 25
RC/scapular, 10 m

Swim:

1000 EZ in hotel pool

-----------------------------------

Got in the workout before my crash landing today. I was body surfing and must have caught the wave wrong (or it was too powerful). I got flipped and slammed, really hard, into the ocean floor on the mid back right side. Wow, it hurt. Not sure I could have done any free today after that. Immediately gulped 4 Advil and plan to stay on that diet for a couple days. When it happened, I remember thinking "at least it wasn't my shoulder." I'm somewhat worried that I may have bruised some ribs.

One more day in paradise!

Submit "Ouch!  Thursday, March 28" to Digg Submit "Ouch!  Thursday, March 28" to del.icio.us Submit "Ouch!  Thursday, March 28" to StumbleUpon Submit "Ouch!  Thursday, March 28" to Google

Updated March 28th, 2013 at 06:55 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts , Strength Training and Dryland Workouts

Comments

be careful... 800 mg of advil is what we used to call a "jail dose" (long story, i'm a retired RN) ... do not take this more than 3 times per day and no ETOH ! ICE ICE ! you are having one tough early year... be careful
    duplicate entry
    Updated March 28th, 2013 at 09:11 PM by jackback (duplicate entry)
    This can happen when one is being active, adventurous, having a good time. Some persons would think sipping a martini under the palm trees is the ideal vacation. I admire the way you are having a good time. So take care of yourself, and I would agree with jcoth49 to carefully balance the meds with ice, massage, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcoth49
    be careful... 800 mg of advil is what we used to call a "jail dose" (long story, i'm a retired RN) ... do not take this more than 3 times per day and no ETOH ! ICE ICE ! you are having one tough early year... be careful
    Ive only taken twice today. I virtually never take it, and it seemed to REALLY help.

What is ETOH?

Yes, so far this year is not what I had planned ... But that's masters.
    Quote Originally Posted by fdtotten
    This can happen when one is being active, adventurous, having a good time. Some persons would think sipping a martini under the palm trees is the ideal vacation. I admire the way you are having a good time. So take care of yourself, and I would agree with jcoth49 to carefully balance the meds with ice, massage, etc.
    I rather thought jumping off cliffs might be more dangerous than body surfing. But it is very rough here. I will be cautious tomorrow! I did sip a rum punch whilst lounging under an umbrella reading today. .
    ETOH is ethanol, or drinking alcohol ... sorry i still fall back into my nursing shorthand from time to time
    Remind me where you're staying? What's the temp there. It's been mid 70s here which is great if ur in the sun but cold if ur not.

The gym here is very good but like everything else here, it's an up charge.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcoth49
    ETOH is ethanol, or drinking alcohol ... sorry i still fall back into my nursing shorthand from time to time
    Forgot about that! I did have a couple glasses of wine at dinner, but seemed to have survived. Down to 2 Advil today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    Remind me where you're staying? What's the temp there. It's been mid 70s here which is great if ur in the sun but cold if ur not.

The gym here is very good but like everything else here, it's an up charge.
    Were staying at The Crane on the east coast of Barbados. Beautiful, but the ocean isn't for swimming. Tempos ate mid 80s the with a wonderful breeze. I've never had any luck going to Florida wether wise on sorting break so dressed long ago. Though Im sure your girls are enjoying it!
    I caught a wave and was able to ride it all the way in from about 25-30 or maybe more yards out back to where my family was. The water for me felt warmer than the YMCA pool water, so I'm guessing 86+ degrees. Wonderful conditions for sure. 95+ everyday with hot hot intense sun.