View RSS Feed

Trying to Train Smarter, Not Just Harder

March 28, 2013 & Meet Report

Rate this Entry
Had a great time at the St. Pete meet - so fun being part of a team!! Was on 4 relays with Team Blu Frog & had so much fun meeting new people! Had a girl on my team with my name, too! How fun is that?! There were 3 Celeste's at the meet - another oddity! I did fairly well on my IM's and had super fun doing the 50 free & 50 breast - definitely gonna enter those again - maybe even a 50 back and/or fly!!

This week I've been getting back into it - started back at weights after a week off - starting to bump up the amt I lift as well. Skipped practice on Wed - so flippin tired of waking up and finding out it's 29 outside. Fortunately, the kids had spring break last week while I was tapering, so while I get back into it, the kids yardage & intensity is being gently increased as well. Next week we'll probably be back in full swing.

Seriously thinking about doing whatever it takes to get to a meet a month - relays and racing every month makes racing so much easier - you just seem to automatically GO! Anyways, today's workout: went to Kinetix - about 40 mins, then to the pool for a solo workout:
500 back/free
2 x 250 P w/snorkel
300 breast/free
10 x 50 kick @ 1:05 no zoomers
5 x 100 P @ 1:30 held under 1:15's
300 breast/free

Submit "March 28, 2013 & Meet Report" to Digg Submit "March 28, 2013 & Meet Report" to del.icio.us Submit "March 28, 2013 & Meet Report" to StumbleUpon Submit "March 28, 2013 & Meet Report" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Glad you had a fun meet! I need to get another woman on my team so I can at least do mixed relays.
    That really is the essence of masters swimming, to have a great time at a meet swimming events you enjoy and having fun with the relays. So glad for you in that way and that you are motivated for more of the same!