10 x 50 w/agility paddles
-- 5 free, 5 evil
50 EZ
6 x 25 AFAP + 25 EZ
50 EZ
8 x 25 w/chute & paddles
50 EZ

---------------------------------------

Swim fail! I drove out to the LCM pool in Bridgeport, chauffeured by our family friend who wanted to run on the nearby track. But the pool was closed for a water polo match later that night. Typical of Barbadian think, they thought it was easier to not even bother opening the pool. I was pretty disappointed by this as I think it made a planned sideways week into a backward week. My 100s are doomed to subpar status. Ah well, the vacation has been fabulous and well worth it. One harrowing thing today though. We literally saw a man drown right in front of our eyes on our beach. The surf wasn't as rough as usual, but he seemed to get caught in a rip current. The lifeguard got out to him when he heard the cry for help, but he couldn't be resuscitated when they finally got to shore. Scary to witness. The girls decided the pools were a better option the rest of the day.

I was pretty sore today from the drylands (some of which I hadnt done in ages) and the wave bashing. But I should be able to rock and roll on Sunday.

Submit "Friday, March 29" to Digg Submit "Friday, March 29" to del.icio.us Submit "Friday, March 29" to StumbleUpon Submit "Friday, March 29" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

What a horrible thing to see! (And a horrible thing in general, of course.)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekw
    What a horrible thing to see! (And a horrible thing in general, of course.)
    Yes.

I had literally just told the girls we should move closer toward the shore because I could feel the current. He was out further than us, but not that much.
    That's beyond horrible. Was his family there to witness too? I always remember to swim parallel to shore if that happens but I wonder how easy that would actually be under the circumstances.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    That's beyond horrible. Was his family there to witness too? I always remember to swim parallel to shore if that happens but I wonder how easy that would actually be under the circumstances.
    Someone seemed quite inconsolable. I worry it will make Lil Fort skittish about the ocean.

I know Mr. Fort has swum parallel in NC currents successfully. The guy wasn't all that far out, so I suspect he panicked and didn't do that.
    Wow, that's a horrible thing to witness.
    We had a similar thing happen at the beach in El Salvador when we were there. Two guys got out wayyyyy wayyyyyy too far, and the whole team of guards had to go out for them. Luckily one of them had a life jacket on, and the other guy was hang on to him. They got brought back okay, but they were exhausted. No lifejacket and there would've been 2 lost that day.
    The seas were very rough, throwing 6-10 foot waves at us. I had fun with the waves, but knew my limits as well. Stong swimmer or not, the ocean is not always our friend!! My son got thrown against a post from a wave and bloodied his nose and scratched up his chest a bit, but was fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    We had a similar thing happen at the beach in El Salvador when we were there. Two guys got out wayyyyy wayyyyyy too far, and the whole team of guards had to go out for them. Luckily one of them had a life jacket on, and the other guy was hang on to him. They got brought back okay, but they were exhausted. No lifejacket and there would've been 2 lost that day.
    The seas were very rough, throwing 6-10 foot waves at us. I had fun with the waves, but knew my limits as well. Stong swimmer or not, the ocean is not always our friend!! My son got thrown against a post from a wave and bloodied his nose and scratched up his chest a bit, but was fine.
    It's almost always a mistake to go out too far in the ocean unless you are extremely familiar with the tides. Being a strong swimmer means almost nothing against the ocean.

Glad your son was OK!