View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Dead Tired, Sun. Nov. 2

Rate this Entry
by , November 2nd, 2008 at 12:39 PM (1448 Views)
Swam with my team at GMU. This practice, coming so close to my PM 4000 yard practice yesterday, was very hard. Feeling pretty dead. Not going to swim tomorrow. My shoulders require rest and cross training.

Warm Up:

600 OYO (I did 500)
6 x vertical kicking 1:00 with a streamline push off the bottom

3 x (3 x 100), 100 kick, 100 drill, 100 swim

Main Sets:

20 x 50 on 1:00:
#1-5, 15 UW, 35 build (back)
#6-10, 200 pace (free)
#11-15, 25 fast, 25 EZ (fly)
#16-20, 25 UW dolphin kick, 25 choice

50 EZ

4 x 150 pull on 2:00 (did smooth backstroke with fins, kind of a hard interval for me)

50 EZ

4 x 75 on 1:20 paddles only
Team did 25 kick with paddles out front and 50 swim, sprint the last 15 yards. My shoulders were very tired, so I did 75s AFAP backstroke kicks, holding about 45-46

100 C/D

Total: 3800

Submit "Dead  Tired, Sun. Nov. 2" to Digg Submit "Dead  Tired, Sun. Nov. 2" to del.icio.us Submit "Dead  Tired, Sun. Nov. 2" to StumbleUpon Submit "Dead  Tired, Sun. Nov. 2" to Google

Updated November 2nd, 2008 at 08:58 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

'AFAP backstroke kicks, holding about 45-46'

That's really fast, even if you did have fins on.

I like that workout.
    Thanks Quick. I can literally kick almost as fast as I can swim with fins. Not sure what that says about my pull! lol

Our coach very consistently comes up with well thought out quality workouts. She steals and adapts many ideas from the college team's workouts (her husband is the coach). Thursdays and Sundays are my favs because we do a lot of stroke work those days.

However, I confess I never pull or use paddles or pull buoys. But no one seems to mind.
    But no one seems to mind.

If anything they might learn something from you.
    I bet there are very few if any nationally ranked swimmers in your lane.
    Not so! Though we're a small team, my teammates are really speedy. Wally Dicks, Bob Hansen, Brad Gandee and Mark Jones all have national rankings. Cheryl Ward, Barbara Clifford-Dicks and Yana Park as well! Cheryl is an Olympian. (Our chicks' 400 medley relay was #1 this year. )

More pull buoy addicts than finners though.
    Updated November 3rd, 2008 at 10:48 AM by The Fortress
    Congratulations. You girls have quite a team.
    Sounds like you'll have another great year in store.

Maybe if they started kicking more, that record will be even faster!
    We're trying to recruit Petra Martin back for the BR leg of our medley relay. (She just had a baby and you know how performance enhancing that can be. lol)

Oh, and Yana is a big time kicker. As Chris can attest, she's as good at SDKs as Chris, probably the best masters female I've ever seen. Both of them came pretty close to DQ-ing at the last meet! But, yes, everyone else could stand to kick a LOT more.
    Updated November 3rd, 2008 at 06:54 PM by The Fortress