View RSS Feed

swimsuit addict

In my Easter bonnet

Rate this Entry
This morning I enjoyed a short solo swim at the Y. The pool seemed to have more than its share of grumpy clueless lap swimmers today—there were several mild arguments, and once I looked over to see some woman wagging her finger at the lifeguard, who was trying to restore order to the slow lane. But happily the fast lane was a model of friendly cooperation for the duration of my swim, with the two guys I shared with (one during warmup, the other during warmdown) being competent and willing circlers. Here’s what I did:

1000 warmup (400s, 200 rev. IM kick, 200 pull, 200 IM drill/swim by 25)

8 x 75 (25 kick, 25 build, 25 AFAP) @ :45 RI, 2 of each stroke

400 warmdown + play

Sprints felt good.

Afterwards I went upstairs for weights and stretching. I’m stoked to be seeing some progress in the weight room--here’s where I am on my currently (all the sets of less than 6 were done until failure, except for bench press where I’m aiming for 10/8/6):

Military press 1 set of 12 @ 15-lbs, 1 set of 6 @ 17.5 pounds
Butterfly 1 set of 12 @ 12.5, 1 set of 7 @ 15
Bicep curls, 1 set of 12 @ 15, 1 set of 5 (right) / 6 (left) @ 15
Single arm rows: 2 sets of 12 @ 17.5
Forward/sidewards/rear deltoid raises: 2 sets of 12 @ 7.5 lbs
Lat pull-downs (on machine): 2 sets of 12 @ 65
Bench press: 12 @ 45 (warmup + form check), 10 @ 55, 8 @ 60, 5 @ 65

Bench press stabilization: 2 sets of 30 @ 30 lbs
Lat/scapular stabilization: 2 sets of 40 @ 40 lbs
Wrist curlicues: with 3-lb weights

. . . because if not today, when?
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	peeps cap.JPG 
Views:	103 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	7350  

Submit "In my Easter bonnet" to Digg Submit "In my Easter bonnet" to del.icio.us Submit "In my Easter bonnet" to StumbleUpon Submit "In my Easter bonnet" to Google

Comments

I hate the admonitory wagging finger!

Very cool cap.
    Love the Peeps cap!
    Great cap! All of our Ys were closed today.
    Thanks everyone, I love my peeps cap too!

My Y rarely closes, except for huge storms that threaten to down the subway system and keep their employees from getting to and from work. They cancel some classes on holidays, and I think they close early on Thanksgiving and New Year's Eve, and maybe altogether on Christmas, but that's about it. It serves a fairly secular population, and also operates an old-fashioned Y hostel (as in the Village People song) that's open no matter what, so that might explain the difference.

I find people actually wagging their fingers comical--it seems like such a cartoonish gesture. Or else it reminds me of Dikembe Mutombo, whom this woman resembled not at all.