foam rolling, 5:00

Swim/SCY/Solo:

600 various
8 x 25 back shooters w/fins @ :40
50 EZ
5 x 50 scull @ :15 RI
5 x 50 smooth free w/agility paddles, EVF emphasis @ 1:00
50 EZ
2 x (10 x 25 fly @ 100ish pace @ :40 + 100 EZ)
-- 15 m UW for hypoxic emphasis
5 x 50 smooth free w/agility paddles, EVF emphasis @ 1:00
50 EZ

Total: 2400

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Got in a double today. The swim was mostly hypoxic/technique oriented, though the 2 x 25 fly weren't slow.

Interview with Swimming World, part of the April Masters Monday series: http://www.swimmingworldmagazine.com...lie-Livingston. I should have said training solo can sometimes suck!

Submit "Monday Double, April 1" to Digg Submit "Monday Double, April 1" to del.icio.us Submit "Monday Double, April 1" to StumbleUpon Submit "Monday Double, April 1" to Google

Updated April 1st, 2013 at 06:39 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts , Strength Training and Dryland Workouts

Comments

I should have said training solo can sometimes suck!
    SOMETIMES???!?!!???

Since I've joined the USAS club team, I dislike solo swimming anymore. I'm sure I'll eventually be back to it, but it's very hard for me to keep myself on task past about 2500-3000 yards by myself. At least having a drill sargeant on deck keeps you motivated more...especially when the set sucks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    SOMETIMES???!?!!???

Since I've joined the USAS club team, I dislike solo swimming anymore. I'm sure I'll eventually be back to it, but it's very hard for me to keep myself on task past about 2500-3000 yards by myself. At least having a drill sargeant on deck keeps you motivated more...especially when the set sucks!!
    Yep, just sometimes. :-) I often like training alone because I can customize the workouts to my events and do exactly what I want in the way I want. The downside is that I have a hard time doing lactate tolerance sets on my own. So I think I am underperforming on my 100s.