---200 BK
---200 FR DR

*Set 2*
2000 FR on 28:00, as strong steady state w/snorkel-agility paddles-fins
*25:14, right into...
20x50 FR on 1:00, Breath as 2-Right/2-Left
*1-6)37s, 7-14)36s, 15-20)35-34-34-33-33-33
---200 BK
---200 Fly as 2(25DK/bk,25RA,25LA,25DPS)

Warm Down
400 FR/BR/BK/Fly EZ
Dryland band stretches 10 min

Comments
Today was a 'get back in the water' workout as I did not swim Sunday and Monday. Wife & Daughter arrived home from Shanghai on Sunday at 9pm. My wife is an amazing international traveler in that she can go right in the time zone either way with minimal or no lag. She just got up Monday AM like any other day and went to work. Our daughter on the other hand who is more like myself, needed a half day for adjustment and sleeping, and so this morning she was ready to go back to school.

Submit "Tuesday, April 2, 2013" to Digg Submit "Tuesday, April 2, 2013" to del.icio.us Submit "Tuesday, April 2, 2013" to StumbleUpon Submit "Tuesday, April 2, 2013" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

I bet you are glad to have them both home safe. How did you do with your son while they were away? Did you do lots of fun stuff together. Your wife is very lucky in her ability to adjust to the time zones with no ill affect. How have you adjusted to the long course? We start next Monday, 3 days a week which I am looking forward to and will help prior to nationals.
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    I bet you are glad to have them both home safe. How did you do with your son while they were away? Did you do lots of fun stuff together. Your wife is very lucky in her ability to adjust to the time zones with no ill affect. How have you adjusted to the long course? We start next Monday, 3 days a week which I am looking forward to and will help prior to nationals.
    I always worry when they are away, and cannot hug them enough when they return! My son and I did a lot a driving together as he is 15 with a learner's permit. During the week it was a balance between doing some activities together, having long talks, and giving him "teenage" space in his "man-cave" room.

LCM is what it is, I have decided that the workout times I did in SCY have no relevance to what I am now doing in LCM, so in that way, the training times I did during the first week of LCM are the starting trend point, over any rough conversion of SCY/LCM. I can say that I am making steady gradual progress in LCM. Swimming FR quality in LCM is harder compared to SCY, but swimming FR LSD and long swims are more fun and stimulating in LCM.

My two cents for SCY prep for nationals, if there is a choice of LCM & SCY, would be to swim quality sets in SCY over LCM. Quality SCY swimming, with lots of best possible technical recovery swims, up to the taper would be most relevant. As I see it, LCM training endurance development will transfer to other kinds of aquatic venues, but quality LCM is obviously most specific for LCM competition and helpful for OW preparation. Everyone in the forums knows this already, so I am just commenting on my own newbie experiences.
    Glad they made it home safe and sound. No way could I adjust to a time change like that.

You are right about training in SCY for Nats. Aside from what you said, switching to long course right now could beat you down too much.
    I completely understand the hugging and not being able to stop part. When I came back from all my traveling it felt like I had not seen them for months. It's such a good feeling though when you do get to hug them. My son is 12 and not quite at the point of not wanting to hug me which is nice. My daughter is 9 and she won't stop hugging me. I am glad they are safely home and you are enjoying time with them.

On the LCM vs SCY i agree completely that quality in SCY is important for Nationals. I enjoyed mixing SCM and LCM when I was in England and think the combination is good.