View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Tuesday, April 2

Rate this Entry
Swim/SCY/Solo:

Warm up:

600 various
16 x 25 back shooters w/fins @ :40
-- These were relatively easy to knock off for the first time in a long time.
50 EZ
4 x 25 burst + cruise, fast hands @ 1:00
50 EZ

Main Sets:

Started with a dolphin kick set from Week #13 of the HIT forum:
http://forums.usms.org/showthread.ph...13-March-25-31. Except I did not increase the rest interval as specified. In fact, I chose an aggressive interval of :45, which gave it an aerobic component.

4 x (6 x 25 dolphin kick w/fins @ :45 + 50 EZ @ 1:00)
2 rounds back, 2 rounds belly
1 = 10 y fast UW
2 = 15 y fast UW
3 = 20 y fast UW
4 = EZ
5 = AFAP shooter (9-10)
6 = EZ

100 EZ

4 x through:
fly/back/breast/free (except I did dolphin kick w/board on the 100 fly)
50 @ 100 pace @ 1:00
50 EZ @ 1:00
100 @ 200 pace @ 2:00
100 EZ @ 2:00

100 EZ

8 x 25 w/chute @ 1:00
-- 2 flutter kick w/board, 2 breast, 4 free
8 x 25 backstroke kick w/fins with med ball held overhead with one arm, other arm at side @ :45
50 EZ

Total: 3850

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was kinda tired after the dolphin kick set. The next set was not easy. I think I may opt for a long stretch and recovery swim tomorrow and crank on Thur & Fri. I feel in need of a massage.

My left knee is still bothering me. I have cut back on the plyos, but I may have to eliminate them entirely. Hopefully, I have enough of a "jumping base" to get me through until LCM Zones in June. Meanwhile, I did order an active wrap ice thingie for the knee. I figure I should at least be icing it, but it's hard to ice the side of your knee. My right elbow is better, but I can tell I still need one more plasma lysing treatment. I think my body will appreciate the break from an exclusive diet of HIT in July and August when I plan to goof off more.

Still haven't signed up for Zones yet. Need to get Teen Fort signed up too. Hope we have some good relays! Though the traitor Speedo will not be joining us as he is still a non-swimmer.

Submit "Tuesday, April 2" to Digg Submit "Tuesday, April 2" to del.icio.us Submit "Tuesday, April 2" to StumbleUpon Submit "Tuesday, April 2" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments