View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 26 - Tuesday PM(training camp day 2)

Rate this Entry
I tried taking a nap between practices today but my Weimaraner's, Polly and Poppy were not very helpful, barking at anything that moved. Oh well I did get a long lay down and then read a few chapters of the latest Bernard Cornwell book 1356(which is quite good so far). I headed to the pool for a 6pm workout and this was a longish recovery workout focused on the kicking and turn problems I mentioned this morning.

Warm up
800 reverse IM twitch
12x75 kick, drill, swim on 1.10

Set1
6x200 perfect swim with snorkel working DPS on 2.40

Set 2

3x(3x100 over kick free on 1.30, 3x50 kick 12.5, swim+kick 12.5 x 2 on 50, 150 back on 2.05)

Set 3
2x500 perfect stroke on 6min working walls push off on back

Warm down
10 easy

Total 5500

Despite being very sore this was much easier. Not easy, just easier. I think if I had not done the last two days this would have been a pretty easy workout but this was longish and I was sore before, during and after the workout. Tomorrow is another day and hopefully I will start to feel better.

Submit "Week 26 - Tuesday PM(training camp day 2)" to Digg Submit "Week 26 - Tuesday PM(training camp day 2)" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 26 - Tuesday PM(training camp day 2)" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 26 - Tuesday PM(training camp day 2)" to Google

Updated April 2nd, 2013 at 10:34 PM by StewartACarroll

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments