Rate this Entry
Swim/SCY/Solo @ Mason:

Warm up/Transition:

650 various
8 x 50 w/agility paddles
odds = scull @ 1:10
evens = free, EVF emphasis @ 1:00
50 EZ
2 x (6 x 25 back shooters w/fins @ :30 + 50 EZ)
-- was happy to make these, the last 25 of each set was a little tough
-- 6 kicks per 25
50 EZ
6 x 25 burst + cruise @ 1:00
100 EZ

Main Sets:

2 x (25 AFAP backstroke from the blocks, on the top + 75 EZ
-- 13s
50 EZ

1 x 50 backstroke from the blocks, on the top @ 100 pace
-- 30 high
-- I should be able to go a second+ faster than this with a tech suit and tapered
200 EZ

4 x (100 AFAP w/fins, broken @ each 25 for :10 + 300 EZ)
fly, 49+
back, 48
breast, 54
backstroke kick, 48
-- my legs were just burning on the last one, ouch
-- I tried breathing every stroke in fly. I'm not certain how much this slows me down, but I might try it in the first 25 of the 100 IM. I always die big time in that event and I think it's partly because I'm UW so much the first 50. I think I'll only take 12 kicks on the backstroke leg instead of the 14-15 that I took last time.

8 x 50 smooth w/agility paddles @ 1:00
odds = free
evens = back
50 EZ

Total: 4400

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The pool was lovely, cool, and empty today. Such a nice place to train.

I was thinking about my knee issue and was wondering whether it was related to the extreme angle iso squats with weights I've been doing. Love these, and they are supposed to build explosive strength. But I think it's taxing on the knee getting up for such a deep position.

Caffeine: inflammation and timing
http://www.swimmingscience.net/2013/...ation-but.html

Wide butterfly entry:
http://www.swimmingscience.net/2013/...butterfly.html

Submit "Thursday, April 4" to Digg Submit "Thursday, April 4" to del.icio.us Submit "Thursday, April 4" to StumbleUpon Submit "Thursday, April 4" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

interesting your point regarding breathe every stroke butterfly in the 100 im. although I cut alot of time this year at Harvard I breathed every 2-3 strokes on the fly and died coming home with the free.
    Quote Originally Posted by sglines
    interesting your point regarding breathe every stroke butterfly in the 100 im. although I cut alot of time this year at Harvard I breathed every 2-3 strokes on the fly and died coming home with the free.
    At least breathe every other! I'm glad you cut time! I just think you need more oxygen in 100s. Especially me when I'm UW a lot. But it is also slower breathing more frequently, so you have to weigh the trade offs.