View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 26 - Thursday PM(traing camp day4)

Rate this Entry
Rereading my workouts this week the word sore has been used a lot. Tonight continued the trend and i was sore, my stomach muscles hurt from this mornings dryland and my shoulders were really stiff. Overall I felt very tired. There was some quality in the middle of this workout but mainly it was long easy stuff. This is my 4th 10-12K day in a row.

2x500 swim on 6.30 warmup
16x75 IMs no free on 1.15 holding 1min
8x(100 drill/swim by 25 on 1.25, 2x50 on 40 holding sub 30)
6x200 kick with fins working turns with 10 seconds rest
5x100 easy warm down on 1.30

Total 5500

Despite feeling tired I held the 50s at 28-29 seconds.

Submit "Week 26 - Thursday PM(traing camp day4)" to Digg Submit "Week 26 - Thursday PM(traing camp day4)" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 26 - Thursday PM(traing camp day4)" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 26 - Thursday PM(traing camp day4)" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Recovery weekend coming up. You are doing great, so you need to bank it and then go forward next week.
    Yes one more day of long hard stuff tomorrow, a stretch on Saturday morning and then family time. My wife has been an angel again this week putting up with me being either at the pool or asleep. She has some outdoor projects that we will work on Saturday and Sunday with the kids which will be fun. At this point I need to stay positive and rely on all this hard work paying off over the next 5 weeks.

You must be getting excited about your OW swim coming up in about three weeks. Reading your workouts it looks like you have transitioned from very high yardage to more sets oriented to the 5k race.
    I'm getting sore just reading that daily yardage, pretty amazing.
    I was actually surprised when I looked at my FLOG last night and realized I was at 45k for the week and I still have 3 more workouts left this week. When I decided to do Nationals late last year I always had in my head I would do a training camp before I started my taper. Its been tougher than i thought it would be and the hardest thing has been that most of my sessions have been swum on my own. My coach has been around but I am the only one in the pool.
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    I was actually surprised when I looked at my FLOG last night and realized I was at 45k for the week and I still have 3 more workouts left this week. When I decided to do Nationals late last year I always had in my head I would do a training camp before I started my taper. Its been tougher than i thought it would be and the hardest thing has been that most of my sessions have been swum on my own. My coach has been around but I am the only one in the pool.
    Wow... good for you, that's tough, but it's gotta give you a great feeling of accomplishment.
    Yes it definitely does but after another 10k day including going long course this afternoon I am feeling very old and very tired. One more workout tomorrow and the camp is over and onto the next phase of my preparations for Nationals. Thanks for the kind words I do appreciate the support.