View RSS Feed

Trying to Train Smarter, Not Just Harder

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Rate this Entry
Did weights for 45 min before going to practice like I usually do on Tues & Thurs - however, unlike Tues & Thurs, I was swimming with ATAC and not basically solo - usually not a good idea when my arms are achy from weights. But I lasted for 2800 before my arms went into failure, so I consider that a success. Might not have lasted that long if coach hadn't been fussing at the kids & giving us such totally delightful intervals!

600 back/free
200 - 200 - 100 pull (missed the 2nd 100 bcs my suit was so loose around the shoulders I couldn't focus on my swimming & had to go put on another suit!!)
4 x 100 K on 2:30
100 easy
4 x 100 stroke free on 2:00
100 easy
4 x 400 @ 7:00 (used the last one to cool down)
Total: 3200 LCM

I'm thinking it might not be such a good idea to do weights right before a "real" practice. Perhaps I should either a) skip weights on Saturday, b) not swim with ATAC on Saturday & just swim leisurely on my own (booring!) or c) swim twice - once a quality workout with ATAC, then go to the gym - mess around & get shopping and gardening & housework done & then go back later in the afternoon for a leisurely 2000. Leaning towards "C" at the moment - might need to hire a gardener, pool boy, maid and housekeeper though, lol. Getting old may be better than the alternative, but it still sucks.

Submit "Saturday, April 13, 2013" to Digg Submit "Saturday, April 13, 2013" to del.icio.us Submit "Saturday, April 13, 2013" to StumbleUpon Submit "Saturday, April 13, 2013" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments