View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 28 - Wednesday AM(Taper week 1)

Rate this Entry
I felt sluggish in the warm up, and had some soreness on the left side of my back(probably the after affect of the pull set from last night I guess). As is usual with these old bones the aches and pains gradually disappear during the warmup. We had a set of 200 IMs which I had not swum in a while and I felt pretty good. The final set of the morning was fun with flippers and I did a 100 where I finally got on top of the water and really got after it. I also felt great which was a first in a long time. I just wish I could wear fins when I raced!

My daughter came with me to the pool this morning and on the coaches orders shouted at me to 6 beat kick. It was really fun seeing her smile and have fun. This second go round in the pool continues to bring me great joy and I wonder at times why it was not this much fun the first time around. I guess keeping things in perspective always helps and this time the goal is to nave fun, and if I swim fast great, but if not then so what.

Warm up
400 free with snorkel
6x50 finger tip drill on 45
3x400 free on 5mins, #1DPS, #2breathing every 5, #3overkick

Main set
6x200 IM on 3.30 best average
6x(50 kick with fins on 45, 100 free with fins on 1.30 holding no slower than 57)

Warm down
200 easy

Total 4200

I went 2.25,2.24,2.23,2.23,2.23,2.24 on the IMs which is the best set I have done since I got back in. The set of 50s kick I held 31s, while I went 56-57 on the first 5 of the 100s, and then let rip on the last and went 48! I was really pleased with this. Obviously it's a lot easier with fins but I am showing some good speed this week, and not yet really dropping significant yardage.

Submit "Week 28 - Wednesday AM(Taper week 1)" to Digg Submit "Week 28 - Wednesday AM(Taper week 1)" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 28 - Wednesday AM(Taper week 1)" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 28 - Wednesday AM(Taper week 1)" to Google

Updated April 17th, 2013 at 10:26 PM by StewartACarroll

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments