Wed 4/17/13

Rate this Entry
500 mix up

4 x (100 plus 2 x 50's) kick AFAP
- 100's were w/fins @ 1:45
- 50's were no fins @ 60

4 x 200 @ 3:30, 3:20, 3:10, 3:00
- done as 50 fr, 50 bk, 50 fr, 50 br
- fr was build, stroke was a strong swim.

14 x 200's @ 3:00
- 4 first 50 fast
- 4 middle 100 fast
- 3 last 50 fast
- 2 last 100 fast
- 1 fast

500 pull breathe 1/3

200 EZ

This is the first time in about three weeks that I have be able to swim twice with only one day in between swims. I needed to get out a little early so I skipped two of the 200's and the 500 pull. I got in 4900 which is quite a bit of yards for our group. I am still somewhat just trying to get what physical conditioning I had before I became so busy with work and the family. I did well (considering) and am looking forward to really getting back. The good news is that my back and breast feels pretty good right now.

Submit "Wed 4/17/13" to Digg Submit "Wed 4/17/13" to del.icio.us Submit "Wed 4/17/13" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wed 4/17/13" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

It is great to read that you are getting going again. Nice workout. No doubt you are making your best effort, and we all know that it can be difficult to swim consistently at times with work and family life. The time when I have that same struggle is usually in summers when the kids are on break from school but going in a what seems like a 100 different directions each week.
    Thanks for the encouragement. I have done a fairly descent job in NOT getting too frustrated with it all. I wouldn't miss my childrens events for anything and work is work. I know that everyone goes through times like these occasionally. One day at a time.

One thing I have learned is that dryland work does not, can not, and will never take the place of pool work.
    You have your priorities straight.
    Something I need to remanage many times, as it's easy to accidentally slip away from the real important things in life.
    Quote Originally Posted by __steve__
    You have your priorities straight.
    Something I need to remanage many times, as it's easy to accidentally slip away from the real important things in life.
    Amen brother!