View RSS Feed

swimsuit addict

Afternoon at the Y

Rate this Entry
I swam mid-afternoon today at the Y with a friend. I got some stronger inhalable meds from my asthma doc yesterday, and am hoping that they help improve the lung congestion over the next few days—if not, I’ll have to begin a prednisone course, which I’d really like to avoid doing. So far so good—I was able to push things a little harder in the pool today, and was very grateful for that. Here’s what I did:

1000 scy warmup (400s, 200k, 200p, 200 IM d/s)

6 x 300, FR with a traveling 50 BK (the first 50 BK on the first 300, second 50 on the second 300, etc.)
[I wanted to begin really gently on these and push harder as the set went along, provided I was feeling good. So I decided to swim the freestyle before the backstroke 50 strong on each repeat, and that worked well. Those “strong” portions were only at about 1:22 pace today, but I’ll take that—it felt really great to be able to push a bit and still be able to breath. We didn’t do intervals, just enjoyed a short chat break in between.]

7 x 50 or 75, first 3-6 strokes sprint, rest easy [I did 3 FR, 2 BK, 1 BR, 1 FL, just to remind myself there is such a thing as sprinting.]

250 warmdown

That was it! This was a very pleasant workout. So glad to be feeling better!

Submit "Afternoon at the Y" to Digg Submit "Afternoon at the Y" to del.icio.us Submit "Afternoon at the Y" to StumbleUpon Submit "Afternoon at the Y" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments