50 EZ
5 x 50 smooth back @ 1:00
50 EZ
10 x 25 shooters w/fins @ :45
(easy interval to keep heart rate down)
100 EZ

Total: 2050

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have that hit by a mack truck feeling that I get after multi-day meets. But it was so worth it! Just did an easy recovery workout today, and have a massage later to work the kinks out.

Here are the results from Zones, including split requests:
http://www.sportsmd.com/Articles/id/30.aspx

One thing that was very cool was watching a 100 year old man swim the 50 free. He didn't even need help getting into the pool. Very inspiring and he got a huge SO.

Submit "Monday, April 22" to Digg Submit "Monday, April 22" to del.icio.us Submit "Monday, April 22" to StumbleUpon Submit "Monday, April 22" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

I'm kind of surprised you swam at all today, but I guess it felt good to get in the water and stretch out, work on some drills, and stuff.

Also--FANTASTIC meet!!! I read your report last night but drifted off before I had a chance to respond. So I'm curious, are these near college times for you?

Oh, I finally broke down and asked Paul for a set of agility paddles. He gave me a hard time a few weeks ago...someone asked me about my fins, where I got them. When I said Amazon, he said how they have lots of equipment, and we can just bill to our account. So he'll have the paddles for me the next time I'm at workout
    Thanks! I think recovery swims are good for getting out some lactic acid. Plus, since I've eliminated cross training, I try to swim 5-6 x per week.

50 fly and 50 back might be faster now, of course I only swam them on relays back then. 100 fly/100 back aren't as fast as college where my aerobic conditioning was far superior. The SDK has just revolutionized swimming. Kids are swimming crazy fast these days without tech suits and I think SDKs are a key reason.

Love my agility paddles! I would wear them constantly if not for shoulder worries. Though my small ones don't seem to cause much shoulder stress.