View RSS Feed

Trying to Train Smarter, Not Just Harder

Monday, April 22, 2013

Rate this Entry
The weather this year is going to drive me crazy. Super cold (for me) on Saturday, and really on the cool side again this morning - add in the wind chill factor & it made for a very brisk run to the locker room!

This weekend I was determined to do myself in as far as my fingers go. Cut my fingers in three places chopping veggies, sliced two fingers up when I found a razor I didn't expect to find in an older gym bag, cut another finger this morning on lap 3 thanks to the lane line, then got majorly whacked by someone's hand paddle (seriously, I had to double check that the end of my finger was still there), and finally, in the locker room, I managed to burn the side of my hand with my flat iron.

Well.

Could not really get going this morning. Warm water & bumping up the weights last week is my excuse. Did manage to hold up for the entire workout, just wasn't motivated to go for another 2000 like I usually do after the kids get out at 6:30.

600 back/free
600 P
300 K
100 easy
3 x 200 stroke/free on 3:30
6 x 100 on 1:30, descending by pairs
4 x 4 cycle speedplay
200 easy
600 various stroke/free
Total: 3700 LCM

Got to get to the pool M-F this week, as they will be frying my face again on Friday afternoon, which puts me out of the pool on Sat & Sun both. Ah well, what we do to avoid cancer. . .

Submit "Monday, April 22, 2013" to Digg Submit "Monday, April 22, 2013" to del.icio.us Submit "Monday, April 22, 2013" to StumbleUpon Submit "Monday, April 22, 2013" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments