View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 29 - monday AM(Taper week 2)

Rate this Entry
The internet to my house is out so i am entering this on my phone so excuse the typos(more than usual). Today was long course and moderate intensity and distance. I felt ok today, not sore or stiff but not superb either. Just an ok day.

Warm up
400 free with snorkel
6x50 catchup on 1min
5x200 free with snorkel on 3min

Main set
6x150 on 3mins swum as 50 kick, 100 swim
4x400 pull descend 1-4 on 6mins

Warm down
200 easy

Total 4400 meters

The 400s i went 4.50,4.45,4.40,4.35 and felt good.

Submit "Week 29 - monday AM(Taper week 2)" to Digg Submit "Week 29 - monday AM(Taper week 2)" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 29 - monday AM(Taper week 2)" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 29 - monday AM(Taper week 2)" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Wow, nice job on the 400s! That's pretty quick for sure...now I'm worried about my placement near to you in the 500. (not really)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    Wow, nice job on the 400s! That's pretty quick for sure...now I'm worried about my placement near to you in the 500. (not really)
    I had a great day today. This morning felt great and this evening felt even better(i did a 300 pull on 2.54!!) We are trying to keep the yardage reasonably high this week but i am feeling good which i hope is a good sign for Indy.

I really hope we are next to each other in Indy. I need a good race and it will be fun. Looks like there are quite a few of us entered at around the same entry time so it should be a lot of fun. Lets hope we both go a lot quicker than our entry times too!
    Stewart, you will have an awesome time at Indy! Just make sure you warm up well and within your target goal pace, and then all you have to do is race. The race may be someone swimming at/faster than your pace, or it may be trying to lap the slowest swimmer in your heat as many times as possible.

Those 400 meter pulls were terrific! I would love to eventually swim just ONE 400 from a dive at the pace of your first or second 400!
    Quote Originally Posted by fdtotten
    Stewart, you will have an awesome time at Indy! Just make sure you warm up well and within your target goal pace, and then all you have to do is race. The race may be someone swimming at/faster than your pace, or it may be trying to lap the slowest swimmer in your heat as many times as possible.

Those 400 meter pulls were terrific! I would love to eventually swim just ONE 400 from a dive at the pace of your first or second 400!
    Thank you so much Frank. I am feeling good in the water for the first time in a long time. I do hope all this hard work pays off. As we have discussed before i am having fun doing this again so no matter what its been woth it. I had a great day today between the 400m in the morning and the 300 yd set in the evening. All around an awesome day for me and i hope a sign of things to come. I guess i will know in a few weeks!

It looks like you are putting the finishing touches on your training for your OW swim next weekend. You have put the work in and i am sure will do awesome. Good luck my friend. Please post how the race goes i always look forward to reading your posts.