50 EZ
3 x 100 hypoxic backstroke kick w/fins @ 2:00-2:15
-- UW 15 m+ each 25
100 EZ

Main Sets:

8 x 25 burst + cruise, fast hands drills @ 1:00
100 EZ

24 x 25
odds = 25 @ 100 pace @ :30 (6 free & 6 back w/fins, 12s)
evens = EZ backstroke kick @ :45
100 EZ

5 x (50 @ 100 pace w/fins + 150 EZ)
-- back (25), breast (29), free (24), back (25 flat), fly-back (25)
100 scull

Total: 3850

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Still feeling very beat from the meet. Last night's "gentle deep" tissue and several night's poor sleep probably are compounding this. I laid off full throttle today, but did plenty of 100 pace efforts. Would really love a long sleep tonight. My son Jimby left this am. He had a very good Zones despite professing to be "sick" before hand. I can't remember a meet where he didn't make this complaint. :-) We had a discussion at the meet about whether "mind matters" for racing. He says no. I say yes. This was one of the first meets in ages where I did not contemplate scratching 100 fly or spend the whole meet dreading it. And I had a breakthrough swim.

On the house sale, this is hilarious. The psycho buyers want to bring in a fourth structural engineer. This is after the third engineer, whom they paid, opined that the foundation was structurally sound and that there were only discretionary future repairs. They are nuts!

Submit "Tuesday, April 23" to Digg Submit "Tuesday, April 23" to del.icio.us Submit "Tuesday, April 23" to StumbleUpon Submit "Tuesday, April 23" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Perhaps you should tell the psycho buyers that the house is for sale "as is"!! They can worry about whatever structural repairs are needed once they own it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial
    Perhaps you should tell the psycho buyers that the house is for sale "as is"!! They can worry about whatever structural repairs are needed once they own it!
    Exactly. They claim they need a "precise estimate" of repair costs. Weird because the last engineer gave fairly precise estimates. They are oddballs. We have another set of buyers who want want want our house, but seem to think they can get it on the cheap in this market. I just can't wait until it's all over!
    Three engineers and now a fourth! Talk about wasting money. The "precise estimate" is just spin, the buyer(s) think this deal is some kind of game/competition against the seller to "win" by using worn out real estate expert evaluation gimmicks. The oddball buyer(s) have foolish egos and are blinded to any common sense, logic, and good will. I say buyer(s) because it is not clear from previous posts, if one or both is driving the deal over the cliff.
    Updated April 24th, 2013 at 04:25 PM by fdtotten
    Good will is surely not in their arsenal. I think it's the wife (hard hitting businesswoman) who is sending the deal over the cliff with her scorched earth approach. I suggested to Mr. Fort that we tell them we don't even want to see any fourth report. Then they can't even attempt to use it as bargaining leverage.
    As long as they pay for the estimates who cares how many they get. As long as you have a CO, certificate of occupancy you can sell. You can hold them to the contract and sue them if they breach.
    Quote Originally Posted by rodent
    As long as they pay for the estimates who cares how many they get. As long as you have a CO, certificate of occupancy you can sell. You can hold them to the contract and sue them if they breach.
    Isn't a CO for businesses, Jack? There is no pending K with these buyers at the moment. Which is very good or our house would have been off the market all this time.
    I am swimming on my own again and doing pure sprint stuff. Works better with the cardio of Insanity. There is no truth like the truth of leaving the floor, and the Truth hurts!! I don't need to do twice the cardio, only to fine tune those 50's of pure speed and power! So.....the ultimately flattery-o-comments - I ask myself, going thru my mental rolodex o Fort files....what sets shall I do today? It's so much fun pretending you are here, boo hoo!
    Quote Originally Posted by chowmi
    I am swimming on my own again and doing pure sprint stuff. Works better with the cardio of Insanity. There is no truth like the truth of leaving the floor, and the Truth hurts!! I don't need to do twice the cardio, only to fine tune those 50's of pure speed and power! So.....the ultimately flattery-o-comments - I ask myself, going thru my mental rolodex o Fort files....what sets shall I do today? It's so much fun pretending you are here, boo hoo!
    I wish I was! It gets kinda lonely training solo all the time. 1 & 1/2 years of HIT workouts posted for perusal! Now, I have to figure out what sets I am doing today ...
    Those buyers are unbelievable. The irony is in trying to be so forceful in their approach, they reveal how desperate they are to buy the house and in the process completely undermine their negotiating position! I know you and Mr. Fort are both lawyers but I wouldn't sign anything with them with a contingency. Certainly not an inspection contingency. and if they want a mortgage contingency, I'd insist on a pre-qual and a conversation with their banker.
    Maybe it's different in VA, but up here, a CO is what you get at the completion of new construction, whether residential or commercial. You can't sell if you don't have one, but having one doesn't prohibit people from trying to negotiate over the condition of the house, particularly if the house isn't new.

Your buyers sound truly crazy. Now that you have two reports that the house is structurally sound, I'd be inclined to tell them they can knock themselves out, but the price is the price is the price.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    Those buyers are unbelievable. The irony is in trying to be so forceful in their approach, they reveal how desperate they are to buy the house and in the process completely undermine their negotiating position! I know you and Mr. Fort are both lawyers but I wouldn't sign anything with them with a contingency. Certainly not an inspection contingency. and if they want a mortgage contingency, I'd insist on a pre-qual and a conversation with their banker.
    They are pre-approved. No idea why they'd need a contingency this time around since they've had a pool inspector, a home inspector, an appraiser and 3 engineers in the house as of today. They want a house in Vienna with character, pool, pool club. We're literally the only one on the market. They know we don't give a hoot what their latest contractor has to say.

Our house has been on the market less than two weeks. It would be nice, very nice, to get a really nice K now. But selling in July would be just fine too.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbs
    Maybe it's different in VA, but up here, a CO is what you get at the completion of new construction, whether residential or commercial. You can't sell if you don't have one, but having one doesn't prohibit people from trying to negotiate over the condition of the house, particularly if the house isn't new.

Your buyers sound truly crazy. Now that you have two reports that the house is structurally sound, I'd be inclined to tell them they can knock themselves out, but the price is the price is the price.
    We have a 1920 house.

I think that's the message they've gotten. We have another buyer trying to low ball us (offer and counteroffer) and that's the message we've given them too. There's no need to take a price hit right now in a hot market with low inventory.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    They are pre-approved. No idea why they'd need a contingency this time around since they've had a pool inspector, a home inspector, an appraiser and 3 engineers in the house as of today. They want a house in Vienna with character, pool, pool club. We're literally the only one on the market. They know we don't give a hoot what their latest contractor has to say.

Our house has been on the market less than two weeks. It would be nice, very nice, to get a really nice K now. But selling in July would be just fine too.
    Clearly you can be confident and patient in your circumstance and the current marketplace. Perhaps some buyers think an old house is always negotiable. But in your case, the property is very well preserved, maintained and most importantly, it is all very well documented and provable. So the more inspections, etc., that buyers attempt simply adds more evidence towards the excellent quality and value of your property.

Prospective buyers that truly and sincerely desire this house in Vienna with character, pool, pool club, they must be prepared to buy at or very close to the listing price and proceed forward in good faith. If the price is not right, look at other properties and be realistic. That is the way it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by fdtotten
    Clearly you can be confident and patient in your circumstance and the current marketplace. Perhaps some buyers think an old house is always negotiable. But in your case, the property is very well preserved, maintained and most importantly, it is all very well documented and provable. So the more inspections, etc., that buyers attempt simply adds more evidence towards the excellent quality and value of your property.

Prospective buyers that truly and sincerely desire this house in Vienna with character, pool, pool club, they must be prepared to buy at or very close to the listing price and proceed forward in good faith. If the price is not right, look at other properties and be realistic. That is the way it is.
    Yes, I think patience is called for right now. I'm told properties in my zip code are selling for between 96-98% of the asking price. Perhaps not quite so for properties in our price range. But still, no reason to be hasty yet. It's possible we have to adjust our expectations down the line. Perhaps all buyers will want the new center hall colonials that populate our area. We'll see.