View RSS Feed

I swim, therefore I am

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Rate this Entry
by , April 23rd, 2013 at 08:24 PM (459 Views)
LCM@FGCU Aquatic Center
Air temp 72, Water temp 77
Sunny, humidity at 80%

Warm Up
Dryland bands
400 FR as 4(25RA-25LA-50CU)
1000 FR as DPS @SPL-28

*Set 1*
5x200 DK on back-side-front, w/fins on 3:30

*Set 2*
400-300-200-100 on 1:00 rest, w/agility paddles-buoy-tube
*5:38, 4:02, 2:38, 1:17
---200BK

*Set 3*
10x50 FR on 1:00 w/snorkel, smooth@SPL28-30
*37-35

*Set 4*
1500 FR w/fins-snorkel-agility paddles

Warm Down
400 FR/BK/FLY
Dryland bands

Comments
Moderate swims with emphasis on stroke efficiency. Made some effort on the Pull set. Tomorrow I will try out my new Yingfa jammers for a set or two. I ordered two sizes, L and XL, not sure which would be best, as my hip width is 30. It turns out the XL was an easy fit, and size L was more snug. I will use size L just for competition. Friday afternoon I can go to Miramar Lakes and do a loop around the course after it is set up.

Interesting article, surprisingly from the Washington Post:

Lifelong exercise can help you maintain speed and fitness as you age

Or go to: http://goo.gl/euXGi

Most active USMS swimmers already know this, which is one of the reasons, beyond personal enjoyment, for making the lifestyle effort to pursue ongoing training and competition. Many of the active long term USMS swimmers I have known were consistently involved in lifelong functional exercise, sports, as well as training for fitness and competition.

Submit "Tuesday, April 23, 2013" to Digg Submit "Tuesday, April 23, 2013" to del.icio.us Submit "Tuesday, April 23, 2013" to StumbleUpon Submit "Tuesday, April 23, 2013" to Google

Updated April 23rd, 2013 at 09:58 PM by fdtotten

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

I wear a size 30 in speedo/tyr/other brand suits, and ordered a Large size Yingfa as well. It fit fine, but I thought I could go with a Medium as well, and the next time I ordered a Medium. It fit fine, and was much snugger on my body. It wasn't hard to get on either. I'm sure you'd be fine with a Medium as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    I wear a size 30 in speedo/tyr/other brand suits, and ordered a Large size Yingfa as well. It fit fine, but I thought I could go with a Medium as well, and the next time I ordered a Medium. It fit fine, and was much snugger on my body. It wasn't hard to get on either. I'm sure you'd be fine with a Medium as well.
    Thank you James for that comment! I suspected that might be the case, and with your confirmation I will go ahead and get a Medium Yingfa for the Pan Pacific meet in June. Not having previous experience with jammers I was not sure just how snug to go with.
    Love the focus on speed work in the Post article!

Tight is better for speed suits.