View RSS Feed

swimsuit addict

Blissy Riverbank morning

Rate this Entry
I enjoyed swimming at Riverbank this morning with a couple of friends. It was a lovely sunny morning, and I enjoyed the bright rays shining in the windows at the far end of the pool during the first part of the session. Hereís what I did:

1000 lcm warmup (400s, 200k RIM, 200p, 200 IM d/s by 25)

I knew I wanted to do some faster IM swims today, but I waited to see what my pals were doing before coming up with a workout. They chose a longish 500-2x400-3x300-etc FR set, so I did the following on the same intervals, focusing on working the IMs and recovering on the FRs:

500 FR, neg. split
400 IM strong [7:05]
400 FR, neg. split
300 IM strong [5:15]
300 FR, neg. split
200 IM fast [goal was 3:20, thought that was a reach but went 3:16, happy]
300 FR pull with paddles easy

Building an IM: 4 x 200, done as

• 50 FL strong + 150 moderate free
  • 50 FL + 50 BK strong, 100 mod. free
  • 50 FL + 50 BK + 50 BR strong, 50 easy free
  • 200 IM strong

4 x 100 kick, odds FR/BR by 25s, evens BK/FL by 25

200 warmdown + play

I was working on a faster turnover on my fly this morning, trying to pause just long enough to get a good catch at the front of my stroke instead of resting and overgliding there. A few times I got it just right, and it felt like I was surging forward while I was breathing, rather than having a dead spot in my stroke there. Hey, I think this might be what fly is supposed to feel like! Unfortunately I couldnít make it happen at will, but at least I could recognize the magic when it struck. Hope I can find that feeling again, note what Iím doing differently when it occurs, and come up with some keys to do it consistently.

After my swim I treated myself to a 30-minute stretching session at the playground north of the pool. Itís a great place to stretchóthere are lots of bars and rings to hang from and grab onto to stretch my arms and torso, plus raised wooden platforms where I can sit and do leg stretches while watching ship traffic go by. And itís a delightfully sunny spot too. Having a sun-warmed, stretched-out, and well exercised body is a pretty blissy way to start the day!

Submit "Blissy Riverbank morning" to Digg Submit "Blissy Riverbank morning" to del.icio.us Submit "Blissy Riverbank morning" to StumbleUpon Submit "Blissy Riverbank morning" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Is anyone else having trouble posting pictures on their blogs?